THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    After refusing and taking heat Sen Tuberville calls racist, racist
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After refusing and taking heat Sen Tuberville calls racist, racist Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You haven't exactly reinforced my image of teachers. I've known teachers who were nice people with first-rate minds.

Posts: 6133 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
Oh, flame

What can I say, you sure got me there…

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great comeback.

Not.

Posts: 6133 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Calling gay people abominations is demonization, as is disgusting perverts.

Calling trans people freaks is as well.

Groomers? Overall blanket statements, yes. Are some? You can answer that.

Most poor inner cities are shit holes… ask the residents. There does seem to be a correlation between democrat run large cities and bad conditions. San Francisco is not a poor city, but it is a literal cesspool. (Aka shithole). What’s the usual correlation? Lack of enforcement of the law.

You all may be saying most democrats are not for defund the police, but from how things have been going, the majority of democrats (until the chickens came home to roost) have been all for it publicly.

The majority of democrats are for defunding of the police?

Cite?

And, the only folks I see calling for defunding law enforcement these days live on your side of the aisle. Google Matt Gaetz and his position on the FBI, the ATF and the DOJ. Looney tunes.

You people have lost touch with reality.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think you went too far in that statement, Dr. Butler.

I don't know a lot of Democrats, but none of the ones I know are for defunding the police.

It's a ridiculous position to take.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the majority didn't support it, how did it happen?

In MN after the whole Floyd thing, pretty much every city in the state who had a democrat mayor or city council it occurred. It was a groundswell movement at the city level for how long? How did the big cities end up with reduced police budgets and a mass exodus of LEO's?

I would agree that NOW a lot of them are stepping away from the position, but for crying out loud, if we are a democracy, how the blazes did we get here as far as the defund stuff? It sure as hell wasn't the GOP who were pushing it.

I get that the average democrat voter is different than the average democrat politician, but post George Floyd, the democrats were using it as a message loud and clear. If the average democrat never supported it, the party leadership sure as hell was using it as a way to whip up support amongst the black community instead of trying to calm down the situation.

Now a number of its vocal supporters are backtracking because it failed horribly. Folks like AG Ellison (MN AG) and the mayors of Minneapolis and St. Paul.

A large number of prominent democrat members of congress were pandering to it. Biden did to some extent although he was always careful to couch it in terms of community policing and "adding funds for xxx" instead of take away from yyy. Heck a large number of our more vocal lefties even recently have said things like that they wouldn't piss on a LEO if they were on fire here.

lets put it this way... while not all democrats support defunding the police, all the folks supporting defund the police (not federal like FBI/ATF, which is a different question, but equally fringe by the view of the population) are Democrats/progressives.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I thought advocating defunding the police was a fringe position. Not in your state, sounds like.

When I spoke of a ridiculous position to take, I was talking about the pro-defunding position, not yours.