Find
Notify
Tools

3 years on and what killed Saint George again? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
That's fine to have your opinion but had the jury been given an opportunity to consider both autopsy reports and come to the same conclusion I would accept it.

I infer you're saying one autopsy was excluded from evidence. What did that autopsy say, and why was it excluded?

No one should place bets on the appeal until those questions are answered.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Read it again.

They didn’t say he was choked or his blood flow restricted to the brain.

They said he died as a result of his restraint. That covers a pretty broad set of pathology. Technically, if he had an MI caused by the stress of being arrested and restrained that would be sufficient.

quote:
Originally posted by skb:
A total coincidence that when you restrict someone's breathing and blood flow to the brain that death is the result.

I bet they both died of old age.

And 11 year old who was shot be the cops earlier in the week likely deserved it, if he isn't a criminal yet you know would become one. Best to get them before they get you.

Roll Eyes

Watch the video again, 9 minutes of a man begging to breath and asking for his mother before he dies is enough to convince most of us laymen that he was murdered. I admit I'm not a trained medical professional such as yourself but my eyesight is still strong.

I think all the testimony in the world will struggle to overcome the video.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I have seen 70-year old folks in congestive failure from an acute heart attack doing pretty much what Floyd was doing Complete to begging for their mother... We usually have to sedate them to help them, if they are combative. Odds are even if Chauvin was not on his neck, he would at that point be doing exactly the same thing.

I don't disagree that the optics of the video were horrible. But I suspect that if someone did that to a reasonably healthy 40 year old male, while he would hate it, and it would be very uncomfortable, he would have lived. Add a huge OD of fentanyl and meth into his system, and all bets are off.

In my mind, as I have said here before, I feel that Chauvin owed Floyd a duty of care as a LEO in control of a suspect. He failed in that duty horribly, and to the point that I view it as gross negligence. Thus, manslaughter was very much reasonable.

I don't view the rookie trainees the same way, as they did not have the experience that Chauvin was supposed to have, and as trainees placed under him, the assumption was that he was modelling appropriate conduct through the lens of experience. Maybe they should have known better, but certainly not enough to get them aiding and abetting to murder charges. Fired, sure. Some sort of conviction, maybe.

Chauvin's BIL, well I am not too certain what he should have done to him. He's certainly more culpable than the rookies, but no where near as much as Chauvin. He was controlling a crowd, not restraining the guy. That being said, situational awareness requires that he knows what is going on, and as an experienced officer, he should have corrected Chauvin when it became obvious that there was an issue there.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Read it again.

They didn’t say he was choked or his blood flow restricted to the brain.

They said he died as a result of his restraint. That covers a pretty broad set of pathology. Technically, if he had an MI caused by the stress of being arrested and restrained that would be sufficient.

quote:
A total coincidence that when you restrict someone's breathing and blood flow to the brain that death is the result.

I bet they both died of old age.

And 11 year old who was shot be the cops earlier in the week likely deserved it, if he isn't a criminal yet you know would become one. Best to get them before they get you.

Roll Eyes

Watch the video again, 9 minutes of a man begging to breath and asking for his mother before he dies is enough to convince most of us laymen that he was murdered. I admit I'm not a trained medical professional such as yourself but my eyesight is still strong.

I think all the testimony in the world will struggle to overcome the video.

Posts: 10646 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote