Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
Then you are beyond logical arguments.

Please by all means vote away our birthrights.

I don't intend to vote for either one. If Harris wins I will suffer 4 years of her easier than I will suffer 4 years of trump. I'm not worried about losing my guns.

Personally I will vote more to keep Trump out of the White House than to move Harris in, but I think she's well qualified for the job.

Here in Iowa 250,000 more votes for Harris WON'T get the job done.

Well we can just celebrate that good news no and chalk up 6 votes for DJT.

Of course he has to overcome that massive block out of california so that’s a detractor.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
“The Judicial and Legislative branches would stomp a mud hole in him politically and the proper wouldn’t stand for it. It’s literally why our founders put that pesky ole 2A in there in the first place.”

Bullshit, we have seen how much we can count n the Supreme Court. The legislative branch? Yeh, right. We’ve all seen what the kiss ass Repugs are willing to do.

Posts: 8621 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you honestly believe this?

The entire system of government is literally designed to prevent this.

Is he suddenly going to order the military and his secret police to put everyone in camps where “work will make us free”???

The Judicial and Legislative branches would stomp a mud hole in him politically and the proper wouldn’t stand for it. It’s literally why our founders put that pesky ole 2A in there in the first place.

He's not going to put you or me into camps like he is talking about with the illegals. He has the kind of people in mind that he needs in order to help him succeed. If he does there isn't you or me or Congress can do about it. Who will have the power to order someone to go in and physically remove him from the WH? Did you miss the commentary about Project 2025 where he would order his minions to simply ignore any Congressional or judicial orders? I DO NOT TRUST HIM AT ALL.

Hasher reminds me of Doc Butler who just fails to get it.

The whole point of a Trump second term is to dominate the other branches by consolidating Executive power. It's specifically the plan. Sure, there will be obstacles, but they have a plan for that too. Some of the obstacles have already been dealt with.

The gall of having that objective and a detailed plan, well-funded, and well populated should say enough. Whether it can be achieved or not, depending in the fundamental institutions holding or not, is just pure rationalization if not denial, or ignorance.

And to think the 2A has anything to do with it either way, honoring the Founder's Big Idea or supplanting it, is just stupid.

Here's another segment of the analysis of project 2025, which explains how the fourth branch, freedom of the press, will be subdued and co-opted.

It's right there, in their own words. Believe them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f55a4a8b77e33&ei=150

Project 2025’s plan for turning gov’t funded independent media into a bully pulpit

Deep into Project 2025, the 900-page conservative playbook for a new Trump administration, is a plan to rid the Voice of America’s firewall, ending the journalistic independence of the government-funded media agency. Vox’s Zack Beauchamp joins Ali to discuss the larger implications of Project 2025’s views of journalism, how it intertwines with Trump’s attacks on the media.

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21226 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
quote:

Do you honestly believe this?

The entire system of government is literally designed to prevent this.

Is he suddenly going to order the military and his secret police to put everyone in camps where “work will make us free”???

The Judicial and Legislative branches would stomp a mud hole in him politically and the proper wouldn’t stand for it. It’s literally why our founders put that pesky ole 2A in there in the first place.

He's not going to put you or me into camps like he is talking about with the illegals. He has the kind of people in mind that he needs in order to help him succeed. If he does there isn't you or me or Congress can do about it. Who will have the power to order someone to go in and physically remove him from the WH? Did you miss the commentary about Project 2025 where he would order his minions to simply ignore any Congressional or judicial orders? I DO NOT TRUST HIM AT ALL.

Hasher reminds me of Doc Butler who just fails to get it.

The whole point of a Trump second term is to dominate the other branches by consolidating Executive power. It's specifically the plan. Sure, there will be obstacles, but they have a plan for that too. Some of the obstacles have already been delt with.

The gall of having that objective and a detailed plan, well-funded, and well populated should say enough. Whether it can be achieved or not, depending in the fundamental institutions holding or not, is just pure rationalization if not denial, or ignorance.

And to think the 2A has anything to do with it either way, honoring the Founder's Big Idea or supplanting it, is just stupid.

Here's another segment of the analysis of project 2025, which explains how the fourth branch, freedom of the press, will be subdued and co-opted.

It's right there, in their own words. Believe them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f55a4a8b77e33&ei=150

Project 2025’s plan for turning gov’t funded independent media into a bully pulpit

Deep into Project 2025, the 900-page conservative playbook for a new Trump administration, is a plan to rid the Voice of America’s firewall, ending the journalistic independence of the government-funded media agency. Vox’s Zack Beauchamp joins Ali to discuss the larger implications of Project 2025’s views of journalism, how it intertwines with Trump’s attacks on the media.

The amount of brainwashing you must have u serf one is u real.

Project 2025 is about as when the tin foil hatters scream JADE HELM.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep those empty posts a coming 21000 is in your sights.

Go Mangine Go!!!!!!!

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 28 July 2024 05:11

More empty posts from our flying monkey if the left.

You might make 21000 posts by Monday if you try hard.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only 473 empty posts to go

I believe in you!!!!!!

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump really said this.

Yet, folks will line up for it. Our most critical thinker and Christian moralist will tell us that this is okay.

Here are Trump’s words:

d: "Christians, get out and vote, just this time. "You won't have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed, it will be fine, you won't have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians."
He added: "I love you Christians. I'm a Christian. I love you, get out, you gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don't have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you're not going to have to vote," Trump said.

There is no twisting those words. This is a call to theocracy and dictatorship.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...election-2024-07-27/

Posts: 12059 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 28 July 2024 04:50

quote:

quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 28 July 2024 05:18

quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 28 July 2024 05:44

Real conservatives aren't radicalized. Thus "radicalized conservative" is an oxymoron. Yet there are many radicalized republicans.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

D.J. Trump aka Trumpism's Founding Farter, aka Farter Martyr. Qualifications: flatulence - mental, oral and anal.

Posts: 21226 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You got this. !!!!!!

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Trump really said this.

Yet, folks will line up for it. Our most critical thinker and Christian moralist will tell us that this is okay.

Here are Trump’s words:

d: "Christians, get out and vote, just this time. "You won't have to do it anymore. Four more years, you know what, it will be fixed, it will be fine, you won't have to vote anymore, my beautiful Christians."
He added: "I love you Christians. I'm a Christian. I love you, get out, you gotta get out and vote. In four years, you don't have to vote again, we'll have it fixed so good you're not going to have to vote," Trump said.

That's exactly what Christofascism is, which is what I've been saying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Trump really said this.

Here are Trump’s words:

That's exactly what Christofascism is, which is what I've been saying.

Mangine I finally figured out what your real job for the Party is.

You invent words for her word salad.

I will say the fox one was pretty clever but christofascisim?

When you round us up and out us all in camps could I request a bunk near the ovens so I can keep warm?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christofascism

Here's the definition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fascism

Christian fascism is a far-right political ideology that denotes an intersection between fascism and Christianity. It is sometimes referred to as "Christofascism", a neologism which was coined in 1970 by the liberation theologian Dorothee Sölle.[1][2][3]

Interpretation of Sölle
Tom F. Driver, the Paul Tillich Professor Emeritus at Union Theological Seminary, expressed concern "that the worship of God in Christ not divide Christian from Jew, man from woman, clergy from laity, white from black, or rich from poor". To him, Christianity is in constant danger of Christofascism. He stated that "[w]e fear christofascism, which we see as the political direction of all attempts to place Christ at the center of social life and history" and that "[m]uch of the churches' teaching about Christ has turned into something that is dictatorial in its heart and is preparing society for an American fascism".[4][5]

Christofascism "disposed or allowed Christians, to impose themselves not only upon other religions but other cultures, and political parties which do not march under the banner of the final, normative, victorious Christ" – as Paul F. Knitter describes Sölle's view.[6][7]

Christomonism
Douglas John Hall, Professor of Christian Theology at McGill University, relates Sölle's concept of Christofascism to Christomonism, which inevitably ends in religious triumphalism and exclusivity, noting Sölle's observation of American fundamentalist Christianity which led him to conclude that Christomonism easily leads to Christofascism, and violence is never far away from militant Christomonism. (Christomonism only accepts one divine person, Jesus Christ, rather than the Trinity.) He states that the over-divinized ("high") Christology of Christendom is demonstrated to be wrong by its "almost unrelieved anti-Judaism". He suggests that the best way to guard against this is for Christians not to neglect the humanity of Jesus Christ in favour of his divinity, and remind themselves that Jesus was also a Jewish human being.[2][8][9]

(there's more)

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You got this. !!!!!!

he can't see you.. but he might be peeking .. or peaking, you never know ....

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39587 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the Republican Party closed its doors permanently tomorrow by Monday the Democratic Party will have divided into two or three separate Parties which would then fight and scratch and finally govern through compromise.

If the Democratic Party closed its doors permanently tomorrow by Monday the Republicans would be well on their way to establishing Trump's "unified Reich".

You got that one backwards junior...the exact opposite... No party is (was) in such lockstep as the democrat party! Right up until the goofy Joe cover up imploded anyway animal

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What mental disorder lets you dream this stuff up?

Now trumps a Literal Nazi and everyone who disagrees with him does to a concentration camp?

That is exactly what you are implying.

You liberal muppets need to get the puppet masters hand out of your ass and think for yourselves.

They (especially mangina) cant think for themselves.....they need talking points....and of course cut and paste...

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
What mental disorder lets you dream this stuff up?

Now trumps a Literal Nazi and everyone who disagrees with him does to a concentration camp?

That is exactly what you are implying.

You liberal muppets need to get the puppet masters hand out of your ass and think for yourselves.

They (especially mangina) cant think for themselves.....they need talking points....and of course cut and paste...

And a fair bit of fiction writing skills.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You got this. !!!!!!

If I'm not logged in I can see posts of those on ignore. So usually I login first thing. Also, I can sneak a peek. The point of and the benefit of the ignore feature for me is it removes some of the clutter in a thread. It does take some self-discipline to really ignore trolls, and those who have nothing to contribute but slander and name calling. So, another point of the ignore feature is to support the self-discipline to not reciprocate the slurs, or simply denying them the satisfaction of successfully baiting a response, which won't do any good anyway. They are too far down the rabbit hole, too nasty. Let them rant - who cares.

I have three on ignore, the first one was JTEX. I would put him on ignore twice if allowed.

Insofar as peak, I'm still on the uphill grind.

BTW, it's pretty easy to see how the trolls deteriorate a thread discussion from how it went downhill after my last post about christofascism.

The shift to deflection, making it personal, slander, name calling, some of the usual mindless nonsense from those who have nothing to contribute.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You got this. !!!!!!

If I'm not logged in I can see posts of those on ignore. So usually I login first thing. Also, I can sneak a peek. The point of and the benefit of the ignore feature for me is it removes some of the clutter in a thread. It does take some self-discipline to really ignore trolls, and those who have nothing to contribute but slander and name calling. So, another point of the ignore feature is to support the self-discipline to not reciprocate the slurs, or simply denying them the satisfaction of successfully baiting a response, which won't do any good anyway. They are too far down the rabbit hole, too nasty. Let them rant - who cares.

I have three on ignore, the first one was JTEX. I would put him on ignore twice if allowed.

Insofar as peak, I'm still on the uphill grind.

If you wanted to ignore useless blather you could start with yourself.

After that I have a list of the puppets of the left you could add Big Grin

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by Hasher posted 28 July 2024 18:34

Address the OP premise, if you can.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ok

You selectively took phrasing out of context to twist someone’s meaning.

Trump clearly meant that if they religious right would turn out the vote they could help him get elected. The implication was that then that would help the republicans stay in power. He never said or implied a dictatorship which would be impossible anyway.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok

Trump clearly meant that if they religious right would turn out the vote they could help him get elected. The implication was that then that would help the republicans stay in power. He never said or implied a dictatorship which would be impossible anyway.

You cannot expect to reason with TDS liberals.

If Magine really is in fear of trump, mean tweets and every other conservative then fine with me.

~Ann

Posts: 19550 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok

Okay, that's better. See - you can do it. Wink

Now I have something to argue with.

But, breakfast calls. I'll get back with you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am also in the middle of some pastafsrian delight.

Go to YT and search Pasta
Mama. Stuff is so good I took a 2 hours side quest from southern Riverside county where I was helping the ex gf out with her new home all the way to the mothership where it was created in West Hollywood.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You live in a world distant from mine. I'm not complaining, BTW.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ok

You cannot expect to reason with TDS liberals.

If Magine really is in fear of trump, mean tweets and every other conservative then fine with me.

Ann, I'm pretty sure you can do better than that. Smiler

However, that last sentence quoted is really loaded.

Let's break it down:

"Fear" is probably not the right word.

"of Trump" isn't right either.

"Mean Tweets" -- Smiler I don't know what you are talking about.

"conservative" ? hummm. I recognize that not all "conservatives" are deplorable extremists, just like not all liberal leaning are afflicted with TDS. And the catch-all TDS is a cop-out from critical thinking about what's really going on.

It's not Trump. It's the damage he can do and openly says he will do. He has a lot of help. Then there's the apologists, twisters, deniers, liars - some crossover there. Enablers - that's the right word. Authors of project 2025 are examples of the team.

IMO, Trump is mentally ill - sick, and will soon burn out. It's the underlying fomenting, festering worldview and ideology that will carry on.

I have a theory about that. I think the fundamental indoctrination Christians go through permeates everything about Trumpism. "Faith is the substance of hope, and evidence of things not seen". "Faith" in the context of religion is the foundation of belief, neither of which are based in verifiable reality. It takes preconception then affirmation along with non-critical thinking to get there. It's a process. It's hard core in the end. It's a learned thing. That's why children's developing minds are the first target.

So, that brings us back to the OP premise. What Trump said is definitely a dog whistle to Christians. I've already covered the depth of that mostly. It's a dog whistle because Christians know what he's saying - the depth of it. They can and will read between the lines. That's Trump's MO, and allows latitude.

But it doesn't take any imagination to take what he said literally. He says, promises, that this is the last time Christian need to vote because he will "fix" all that during his term.

Objectively, that is open to interpretation. I know how Hasher interprets it, and certainly don't agree.

The interpretations could range, political to Biblical or both, from not-so-simple implementation of project 2025 all the way to Armageddon and the rapture per Book of Revelation, neither of which he mentions specifically.

We know that Christians have totally conflated political with Biblical. So, it's reasonable to think Trump's dog whistle spans both and maybe more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder how many times we'll hear that over the next 100 days...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frankinthelaurels:

You mean dog whistle the made up term of the left?

Fuck me if I know but you guys Troy it out a lot.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hang around and learn, Hasher.

Dog whistle has two meanings. The original meaning is a whistle that emits sound of frequency above the ability for the human ear. But dogs can hear it. It's for training and obedience usually for working dogs.

But there is a political meaning.

The thing is that Trump uses it a lot. There are many examples. Coded words and phrases and such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_(politics)

In politics, a dog whistle is the use of coded or suggestive language in political messaging to garner support from a particular group without provoking opposition. The concept is named after ultrasonic dog whistles, which are audible to dogs but not humans. Dog whistles use language that appears normal to the majority but communicates specific things to intended audiences. They are generally used to convey messages on issues likely to provoke controversy without attracting negative attention.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hang around and learn, Hasher.

Dog whistle has two meanings. The original meaning is a whistle that emits sound of frequency above the ability for the human ear. But dogs can hear it. It's for training and obedience usually for working dogs.

But there is a political meaning.

The thing is that Trump uses it a lot. There are many examples. Coded words and phrases and such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_(politics)

In politics, a dog whistle is the use of coded or suggestive language in political messaging to garner support from a particular group without provoking opposition. The concept is named after ultrasonic dog whistles, which are audible to dogs but not humans. Dog whistles use language that appears normal to the majority but communicates specific things to intended audiences. They are generally used to convey messages on issues likely to provoke controversy without attracting negative attention.

Finally the VARSITY IS BACK.

Dog whistle is just another coded phraseology promulgated by the left (not you Mangine) because it makes them sound smarter and more elitist than saying “coded phrases” which would make them sound like conspiracy nuts.

Don’t lump dog whistling only on the right. We have seen and will see plenty more from the left.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Trump "Says what he means and means what he says" why do we get so many explanations of what he really meant?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10364 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Trump "Says what he means and means what he says" why do we get so many explanations of what he really meant?

Are your referring to KJP’s constant clarifications and walk backs of what Joe says or were you referring to the fact that we literally need a translator for Word Salad??

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Finally the VARSITY IS BACK.

Dog whistle is just another coded phraseology promulgated by the left (not you Mangine) because it makes them sound smarter and more elitist than saying “coded phrases” which would make them sound like conspiracy nuts.

Don’t lump dog whistling only on the right. We have seen and will see plenty more from the left.

Read man, read. Smiler

I've noticed that you often jump to preconceived notions and skip info given.

It may be both left and right, but that's aside the point.

The point here is analyzing what Trump said.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...itics)#United_States

Dog Whistle, United States

(edited) Actually I went back and read the section linked, and upon second thought, IMO, much of it is BS.

But the point is that political dog whistle is a common term and ploy, and Trump uses it often.

In the speech per the OP, he messed up somewhat, in that his message was a bit too clear and caught the attention of a broader audience.

It's speculation to say why. It could be that he got off script. It could be that he feels bold. It could be he's stupid. I dunno.

But one thing is that the message is troubling, but consistent and not surprising. It's just shocking a bit that he would say it out loud.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Works for me

The Democratic Party belongs in the dustbin of history anyway.

Not only tyhe dustbin but the trashbin in the outhouse . Along with any one who votes or supports them .

Posts: 537 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Progressives drive looking forward, eyes focused on the road ahead.

Republicans drive with their eyes firmly fixed on a rearview mirror.

Posts: 6772 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump could say anything and his cult members would whitewash it, knowing all along what it meant and lying about it, covering damage patrol.

It's kinda difficult to spin this one with a straight face, but they find other ways. Just say he didn't mean it the way it sounded. Don't trust your lying eyes and ears. Trust us instead. We will tell you what to think and what you want to hear.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...e928618deaf9bd&ei=10

Trump's ‘won't have to vote anymore’ remark didn't mean anything, Chris Sununu claims
Story by David Cohen • 21h • 2 min read

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjr:
quote:
Works for me

The Democratic Party belongs in the dustbin of history anyway.

Not only tyhe dustbin but the trashbin in the outhouse . Along with any one who votes or supports them .

There's variants of an old saying about what hate does to those who hate. Here's one:

"Hating hurts the hater more than the hated. It is like holding a glass of poison, pointing at a person you don't care for, and then drinking from the glass."

Your glass of poison is the problem within the nation. It's why Trump owns you and the GOP. Drink up, drink the Kool aid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Progressives drive looking forward, eyes focused on the road ahead.

Republicans drive with their eyes firmly fixed on a rearview mirror.

Progressive vs regressive.

Advancing vs retardation.

Reality vs alt-reality

Window vs magic mirror

(mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would sooner drink the koolaid e if Trump than the “Jonestown” Koolaid the left wants us all to drink.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My friend, you already have.