Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why People Won't Get The Vaccine Login/Join 
one of us
posted
#1 They are ignorant. #2: They watch Tucker Carlson. (People like Tucker Carlson feed them ghost stories and misinformation.)

https://ew.com/tv/john-oliver-...cine-misinformation/

Now, If you read the article and watched John Oliver's segment on COVID vaccine resistance, you are no longer ignorant. If you still refuse to get the vaccine, you are are STUPID. Be my guest, I have no problem with you being stupid. The faster you leave this earth, the better for the rest of us.

Posts: 12229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#3. Paranoia

#4. Lack of trust in institutions due to media behavior over the last 40 years. Folks like Carlson don’t help, but he wouldn’t be nearly as effective at the point he makes if the leftist media hadn’t been sensationalizing everything for the last 40 years.

The generally poor state of education (self esteem and increased deviation from basics of science and logic to a more “what you enjoy” education.) when there is no right answer then any answer is as good as another... it seems like your current HS degree is not the 3R’s, but an advanced degree in question authority.

I don’t really understand why folks don’t get the logic of the immunizations, but I sure see why it occurs.

Hint, it isn’t JUST the Republicans that are not getting vaccines.

Posts: 6742 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I know more lefties who are not getting it than anyone. To clarify they are "waiting".

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9422 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's no difference between no. 1 and no. 2.

And, every person I know who is refusing the vaccine is a Trumptard. Again, see above.

quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
#1 They are ignorant. #2: They watch Tucker Carlson. (People like Tucker Carlson feed them ghost stories and misinformation.)

https://ew.com/tv/john-oliver-...cine-misinformation/

Now, If you read the article and watched John Oliver's segment on COVID vaccine resistance, you are no longer ignorant. If you still refuse to get the vaccine, you are are STUPID. Be my guest, I have no problem with you being stupid. The faster you leave this earth, the better for the rest of us.

-Our long national nightmare is over.

Posts: 10747 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
antivaxxers, pre-2020, were entirely a LEFT WING phenomenon. Remember the measles outbreaks at Disney?

answer c - there are "better" covid vax on the way, such as novavax, with a longer efficacy period.

a good frenemy once told me, when I was shooting my mouth off 30 years ago, trying to "Draw authority" by saying "most people feel" .. said to me

"you don't know most people" -- he was right, still is

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
Order AR/AccRel Brass
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 35896 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice head-fake jeffeosso, but the latest says the Trump Loons own it. https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/arti...accine-movement-2020 The Trump Republicans have turned into a bunch of "Karens".

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
kenny, i don't read "trump news".. the idiot is out of office, long live the idiot

but thanks for ignoring humble wisdom .. all the "vax cause autism" crowd .. just own it

Order AR/AccRel Brass
476AR,

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think the reason is predominately ignorance. We have folks on this site that assert the vaccine is not really a vaccine and suggest that the vaccine might be something akin to the Tuskegee syphilis experiment.

Mike

Posts: 18781 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I think the reason is predominately ignorance. We have folks on this site that assert the vaccine is not really a vaccine and suggest that the vaccine might be something akin to the Tuskegee syphilis experiment.

there are idiots everywhere .. it's a vax, it's just not as amazing as like the small pox vac.

but, hey, what can you do, it was done at WARP SPEED

Order AR/AccRel Brass
476AR,

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . actually the vaccine is just as efficacious as the smallpox vaccine. The smallpox vaccine has an efficacy of ~95% and the two-part Covid vaccines are ~94-95%. It is just asinine not to get the vaccine.

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . actually the vaccine is just as efficacious as the smallpox vaccine. The smallpox vaccine has an efficacy of ~95% and the two-part Covid vaccines are ~94-95%. It is just asinine not to get the vaccine.

uhm, actuktualllay .. it's not ...
single small pox shot, life time prevention ...

all three covid vax have <1 year duration ..

90% for < year, 98% for life... not the same, Mike

Order AR/AccRel Brass
476AR,

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
1) Why do people worry so much about others getting the vaccine? The vaccine protects the recipients. This virus will almost certainly become endemic regardless — meaning virtually everyone will be exposed/infected at some point.

2) There are NO longterm studies on mRNA vaccines. The Moderna and the Pfizer C-19 vaccines are the first ones ever used. No one can do anything but hypothesize about longterm safety. Some concern about longterm safety IS warranted.

I got vaccinated — Moderna. For me at 57 and wanting to travel...I decided the likely benefits outweighed the potential risks.

If I was <35 and healthy...I might choose to wait and observe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 29020 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
If they keep spewing the same shit maybe they will convince themselves of that crap they see on CNN.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9422 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . whatever not worth wasting time in a pissing match.

Roll Eyes

Mike

one of us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
In Alaska Corona is still killing .5%. That's 1/2%.
Same as the flu I think was said?

Posts: 6765 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I got the Pfizer vaccine because I am a teacher, so I will most likely be exposed at some point fairly soon. And I have a bunch of health professionals in my family, some of whom are very conservative and extremely skeptical, who researched the vaccine and believe it to be safe. They were some of the first in line to get the vaccine.

But I wonder if some of you could put your ego aside long enough to realize that a lot of people who are smarter and better informed than you made the opposite decision that you did, whether or not you got vaccinated.

It is a personal choice and it is really a bit of a crapshoot either way.

Declining to get the vaccine doesn't make a person a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist(or a Trumptard), and getting the vaccine doesn't make anyone a flock following sheep(or a hero).

Bill Gates got the vaccine, Elon Musk did not. And they are both smarter and better informed(better access to real information) than anyone here in the AR cesspool. Food for thought.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 5795 | Location: The North Slope, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
To quote Andy Slavitt - Senior Advisor to Biden Admisntraion on Covid

“ There is one thing virtually everyone dying from COVID has in common.

They haven’t been vaccinated.“

Vaccine.gov list all places to get a free vaccine.

If people don’t get it then they will probably eventually get covid. If a few months I will have little sympathy for unvaccinated people who get covid and end up in the hospital or die from it. It was a personal choice they have a perfectly good free vaccine and choose otherwise.

For the vaccinated masses there will be boosters and death and hospitalization from covid should be a very low probability event.

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 12033 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
To quote Andy Slavitt - Senior Advisor to Biden Admisntraion on Covid

“ There is one thing virtually everyone dying from COVID has in common.

They haven’t been vaccinated.“

Mike

I know that the Vaccine works. I think that it is pretty silly to brag about the success of a vaccine that has been out for a couple months when the vast majority of the people who died from covid did so before it was available.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 5795 | Location: The North Slope, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Declining to get the vaccine doesn't make a person a tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist(or a Trumptard), and getting the vaccine doesn't make anyone a flock following sheep(or a hero).

clap

People come here and talk about American values, the American way, democracy, etc etc.

They throw that sh-t around to make themselves feel good.

The American Way always has been LIBERTY. Freedom to choose your own way and live or die by your own choice.

Pretty easy to pick out the fascist dictator types among us here. Those willing to force their will on others. It is eye opening at times to come here — in a sad way.

My Grandma was famous for saying: “If you tend to all your business well...you won’t have time to tend to others. Leave others alone to do the same.”

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans. – Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

Posts: 29020 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Roll Eyes

Debating the shear stupidity of it all is exhausting...

Jeff

Posts: 2802 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that just a dozen years ago or so some left wingers were in a tizzy about vaccines poisoning us and our children. Now they are gung-ho pro-vaccine. I have had covid 19 and my doctor tells me that I should be good to go without a vaccine. By allowing myself to be exposed to it I constantly re-charge my immune response. Which is what a vaccine does without one having acquired the disease. It is probably harmless so I will get one to double down. I'm not eligible until June. Funny that if any of us were traveling to a 3rd world country we would have no issue with inoculations and vaccinations prior to entering the country, yet some balk on this threat. Humans are a queer lot.

Posts: 2779 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Going by the news....
Only 55% of blacks say they will get the vaccine. And that the largest population not getting the vaccine are in the 16-30 yr old range.
Neither of those groups are going to be hard core Trump followers.

one of us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Debating the shear stupidity of it all is exhausting...

Jeff

100%^^^

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
APHA Honorary Member

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Mike

one of us
Picture of Beretta682E
posted Hide Post
quote:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0sg9G5BBVU" title="YouTube video player" width="560">[/FLASH_VIDEO]

bunch of overrated and over educated third team wannabes

stool pigeons to government and insurance companies

none of them take dogecoin anyway - losers.

Big Grin

Mike

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.

Bernard Baruch

Posts: 12033 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
You get the shot, you still have to social distance, you still need to wear a mask. Tell me again, what the vaccine does? If your life is not changed by the shot why are you letting them inject you with an experimental chemical?

Posts: 2590 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . uh, so you don’t get the virus or if you do the symptoms are greatly reduced. Covid can be cured, stupidity not so much.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
He has a point, in a way.

The reasoning really seems to be that if they exempt the vaccinated from masking, etc, they can’t get those who have not vaccinated to do those things either- so they enforce it to encourage vaccination.

Proof of vaccine is awfully easy to forge.

The altruistic goal is to get enough folks immunized to protect those who can’t or won’t do so.

All the stats I have seen indicate that vaccine resistance is greatest in the young and the minority groups... so why it’s considered a “Trump” thing is beyond me... probably an activist attempt by the media to drive “change”...

The fact remains that while this is an effective vaccine with all the data so far indicating it is very safe, .gov and the media (and organized medicine) have shown a willingness to lie to advance an agenda.

No wonder folks don’t listen to them too well with that track record.

I only know one doc who refused the vaccine personally, and she’s the youngest in our group and states that she wants to see longer term safety verification, and feels that since she’s young and otherwise healthy her risk is low. I don’t agree with her, professionally, but she has her opinion and the right to exercise her own judgement.

I can’t claim she is ignorant. Her ideas of risk are different than mine. I will say that I agree this is now going to be endemic, and will wait and see what the numbers look like for long term effectiveness from the vaccines- but it’s impossible to really say now because we don’t have multi year follow up yet. Who knows, they may have 95% effectiveness long term- we don’t have that data yet.

Posts: 6742 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
This is turning from Herd immunity to herd obedience. With the decrease in Vaccinations The media has to turn up the propaganda and raise the fear factor. That works pretty well on a number of people here.

Posts: 2590 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
You get the shot, you still have to social distance, you still need to wear a mask. Tell me again, what the vaccine does? If your life is not changed by the shot why are you letting them inject you with an experimental chemical?

Yep, that sums it up.
When my kids had chicken pox, I did not catch it. Wonder why??? Well, I had it before. So, I need a vaccine for everything????

This vaccine was developed WITHOUT thorough vetting and pushed out. Our congress passed legislation not allowing lawsuits against big pharm for getting killed or maimed by the vaccine. This is the same government that requires a prescription for cold sore meds.

Big Pharma is doing this for $$$, not for us. That is what they do....

I will likely take the shot but not until the rest of testing proves it works - with real data, not the current data.

Posts: 9270 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is turning from Herd immunity to herd obedience. With the decrease in Vaccinations The media has to turn up the propaganda and raise the fear factor. That works pretty well on a number of people here.

Lemmings heading over the cliff....

Posts: 9270 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
quote:

Lemmings heading over the cliff....

Lemmings. Interesting term. Not sure that is the term I would use to describe the vast majority of the doctors and healthcare workers that were the first in line to get the vaccine. Speaking of doctors. You mentioned you were headed to another doctor recently to see what he recommended on the vaccine . . . but you never reported back . . . what did he recommend? Likewise, you mentioned that your brother-in-law is a doctor . . . did he get the vaccine? There is another term sort of in the same vein as lemming that comes to mind when I hear the anti-vaxxers, Luddites.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a personal choice until you get the goddamn virus and give it to somebody else who gets violently ill or dies.

The entire discussion is a mystery to me. You're a self-absorbed idiot if you don't get the vaccine. Pounding your chest about how fucking free you are while engaging in behavior that could kill other people that you come into contact with. It's bullshit.

quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
I got the Pfizer vaccine because I am a teacher, so I will most likely be exposed at some point fairly soon. And I have a bunch of health professionals in my family, some of whom are very conservative and extremely skeptical, who researched the vaccine and believe it to be safe. They were some of the first in line to get the vaccine.

But I wonder if some of you could put your ego aside long enough to realize that a lot of people who are smarter and better informed than you made the opposite decision that you did, whether or not you got vaccinated.

Bill Gates got the vaccine, Elon Musk did not. And they are both smarter and better informed(better access to real information) than anyone here in the AR cesspool. Food for thought.

one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
It's always interesting to read the vaccine god worshipers, they just can't see any other god except theirs. It's hard to argue with religious zealots. If the vaccine protects you, why would you worry about me not having the shot? (by the way I'm an 69 years old over weight, 3 heart attacks, victim that all ready “survived” it). If the vaccine is truly a vaccine, why are you a danger to grandma? I'm not. It's all just questions.

one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
A year ago we were trying achieve Herd immunity Today all I see are a lot of lost sheep.

one of us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's always interesting to read the vaccine god worshipers, they just can't see any other god except theirs. It's hard to argue with religious zealots. If the vaccine protects you, why would you worry about me not having the shot? (by the way I'm an 69 years old over weight, 3 heart attacks, victim that all ready “survived” it). If the vaccine is truly a vaccine, why are you a danger to grandma? It's all just questions.

. . . you sound like you have the health issues in your life well under control . . . just the sort of person many on here will look to for health advice.

Roll Eyes

Mike

one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Unlike you I try not to be insulting, but I've read enough of your stuff and dismiss it.

By the way I've lived to 69 and going, are you going to make it to 13?

one of us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
It's always interesting texting on this political form. Texting with trolls, living in their mothers basement. Starting crap on a form like this, then surfing porn sites, eating Cheetos and wondering why their dicks are turning orange.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not worried about you, you self-absorbed dumbass. I'm worried about the person who comes into contact with you who for whatever reason wants the vaccine but hasn't been able to get it yet.

Get it?

quote:
It's always interesting to read the vaccine god worshipers, they just can't see any other god except theirs. It's hard to argue with religious zealots. If the vaccine protects you, why would you worry about me not having the shot? (by the way I'm an 69 years old over weight, 3 heart attacks, victim that all ready “survived” it). If the vaccine is truly a vaccine, why are you a danger to grandma? I'm not. It's all just questions.