THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    President Trump has announced he WILL be Arrested Tuesday
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

President Trump has announced he WILL be Arrested Tuesday Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this interview assesses the fantasy world where most republicans dwell. It's a dangerous, sick and corrupt fantasy. I can't imagine how they got there, but they have been fed and bought into a steady stream of BS for a long long time.

Some of it comes out of the savior syndrome. Now, I read that some Christians are making direct connection to the persecution of Jesus with Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...3d750829dc35b&ei=100

Christian Trump supporters explicitly compare him to Jesus as indictments loom
Story by Brad Reed • 2h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...3d750829dc35b&ei=116

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19766 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
While that^^^is an absurd connection…there is no question that Trump is being politically persecuted. The Manhattan case looks like a circumstance twisted into a pretzel for an indictment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is no question that Trump is being politically persecuted.

What is "politically persecuted?"?

Is it what Kinzinger and Cheney experienced?

The distinction is that the latter two were real patriots and no crimes were involved in their actions.

If you think that application of the rule of law, re Trump, is political persecution, then that assessment is in fact the problem.

Hopefully he's indicted by the Feds. Will it still be persecution to you?

===============================================

I tried looking up the word for opposite of persecution, or antonym.

I didn't find a suitable word in this case.

So, what the GOPers are doing is claiming persecution so they can FEEL justified in many ways and depth.

What's the word for what they are trying to achieve? Impunity - perhaps, for Trump and for the associated fascist movement. Impunity from what? The rule of law, obviously.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19766 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hope springs eternal but Tuesday has come and gone with no arrest…. coffee popcorn

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
there is no question that Trump is being politically persecuted.

What is "politically persecuted?"?

Is it what Kinzinger and Cheney experienced?

The distinction is that the latter two were real patriots and no crimes were involved in their actions.

If you think that application of the rule of law, re Trump, is political persecution, then that assessment is in fact the problem.

Hopefully he's indicted by the Feds. Will it still be persecution to you?

===============================================

I tried looking up the word for opposite of persecution, or antonym.

I didn't find a suitable word in this case.

So, what the GOPers are doing is claiming persecution so they can FEEL justified in many ways and depth.

What's the word for what they are trying to achieve? Impunity - perhaps, for Trump and for the associated fascist movement. Impunity from what? The rule of law, obviously.

Manufacturing (or at least extreme contortion of) the application of law, especially for a fairly trivial offense if offense at all…equals persecution.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my mind, going after Trump for a litany of lesser charges while openly accusing him of greater is persecution.

If they charge him in conspiracy with regards to obstructing the election, and can make a case for it, that would be reasonable.

To bring up campaign finance charges after the FEC refused to move forward on it sounds more like persecution.

As to Cheney, it would be persecution if the GOP led state AG was threatening to bring charges against her after the elections people said she did nothing wrong.

Do I think Cheney did something demanded by her conscience that resulted in an unpopular position and she paid the price for it? Yes.

It was a principled stand that cost her.

Certainly speaks to her character, but maybe not so much to her political acumen.

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
trump would have already gone down for far more serious charges if senate republicans had one set of balls among the lot.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
trump would have already gone down for far more serious charges if senate republicans had one set of balls among the lot.

Doubt it.

The congressional stuff has no law enforcement standing, and likely would be seen as predjudicial in a court setting.

He may have been impeached and removed from office, but no criminal penalty applies to that.

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New York evidently has its own campaign finance laws. They're not bound by federal decisions not to prosecute. Maybe the NY courts or statutes have more restrictive laws.

Doctor Butler, your response to these Trump issues is predictable. Either it's that the offense is trivial, somebody else did it and got away with it, or Trump is being persecuted. Doesn't it matter to you whether Trump committed the crimes he's accused of?

Somehow I don't believe you when you say you won't vote for Trump again. I think you'll continue to make excuses and mount spurious defenses, no matter what he did.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, won’t vote for the guy.

I want him to go away, but the lefts continual harping on him makes that less likely.

I just wish that we spent as much time about Biden and his lack of performance (as sitting president) as we do about the guy who isn’t, and hopefully won’t be ever again.

As to Trump charges, some of the accusations are significant… but not what anyone is doing anything about. Why?

Trump made the statements to the GA SOS and yet no one has charged him relating to that.

They persevered on Stormy Daniels.

As soon as it comes out that all of these prior politicians have these secret documents, the whole momentum to prosecute over that went away… rather than dump all of them.

I’m of the opinion you guys continually go on about Trump more to distract from the current occupant than Trump’s actual legal issues.

The only thing Biden has done that I can support is sending arms and aid to Ukraine, and personally I suspect that his election is what drove Putin to do so, so that’s not really a positive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Nope, won’t vote for the guy.

I want him to go away, but the lefts continual harping on him makes that less likely.

I just wish that we spent as much time about Biden and his lack of performance (as sitting president) as we do about the guy who isn’t, and hopefully won’t be ever again.

As to Trump charges, some of the accusations are significant… but not what anyone is doing anything about. Why?

Trump made the statements to the GA SOS and yet no one has charged him relating to that.

They persevered on Stormy Daniels.

As soon as it comes out that all of these prior politicians have these secret documents, the whole momentum to prosecute over that went away… rather than dump all of them.

I’m of the opinion you guys continually go on about Trump more to distract from the current occupant than Trump’s actual legal issues.

The only thing Biden has done that I can support is sending arms and aid to Ukraine, and personally I suspect that his election is what drove Putin to do so, so that’s not really a positive.

I agree on liking to see Trump go away. The only news about him I want to see is when/if he's arrested, convicted, and sentenced.

As for why Trump isn't being prosecuted for his attempt at fraudulent electioneering in GA, you'd have to ask the GA governor and AG. Maybe they're still investigating. Or are they Republicans, and therefore out to protect Trump? (I don't know their party affiliation.)

Investigating, yes, Doc. It's what good prosecutors do before bringing charges. However long it takes, isn't it better to get it right?

I think you're aggravated because of the media coverage of non-events. That's the media for you. Have patience. Things will shake out, legally.

Trump's legal problems don't have anything to do with the current occupant's performance. If something Biden's done is bad, then start a thread and say why. When you come to a Trump thread, talk about Trump. Otherwise you sound like one of the "Look! Over there!" crowd.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
If something Biden's done is bad

please
point to the thing(s) he has done right

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
If something Biden's done is bad

please
point to the thing(s) he has done right

He won the election, which removed Trump from the WH.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He won the election, which removed Trump from the WH.

The single best thing any president has ever done for our country.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For me, President Biden stance on Social Security in opposition to the stated Republican plan is praise worthy.

President Biden’s position on Ukraine praise worthy.

President Biden has an infrastructure package that passed, I find that praise worthy.

The Administration’s move to limit forever chemicals in drinking water is praise worthy.

Signing the Defense of Marriage Act praise worthy.

That is all I can think of.

Posts: 10932 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote