THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Does the 14th Amendment Bar Mike Johnson from Running for Congress in 2024?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does the 14th Amendment Bar Mike Johnson from Running for Congress in 2024? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They were more than wannabes. Most of them had been members of the National Government either officers of the of the Federal Army prior to, Senators, Governors, House Members, and the like.

It was very specific.
Davis for example had been Secretary of War and was a Senator for Alabama when Alabama seceded.

All of this and the above to say, I do not see this S. Ct., applying the 14th Amendment, Insurrection Clause to any of this. It is not what the clause was intended to be used. The clause was to go hand in hand with criminal trials of those officers who permitted the war to be prosecuted.

However, I have said this before.

Can I incision a modern analogue? Yes. A setting or former member of Congress or military officer being convicted along side the Proud Boys or Osth Keepers for like behavior.

Posts: 10938 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can I incision a modern analogue? Yes. A setting or former member of Congress or military officer being convicted along side the Proud Boys or Osth Keepers for like behavior.

Do you acknowledge that the storming of the Capitol on 1/6 was a side-show? That it was planned? They had a stash of guns somewhere, if needed? Trump and others in congress figured to use the event to stop or at least stall the certification for a few days to give time for the rest of the plan to take place, with allies in congress, such as congress choose? If the certification didn't happen that night, then Trump and team's ploy would have gone to the next stage, whatever? Why do you think Pence refused to get in the secret service car and be whisked away, supposedly to safety? He knew what was up? He knew he wouldn't be back until who knows when if he left AND it was planned that way.

There were several moving parts to the insurrection, much planning, meetings with republicans in the congress, much coordination by Meadows for example, legal briefs from attorneys and in particular from MAGA Mike.

Talk about "behavior"; there was lots of behavior just as significant as the stuff the Proud Boyz and Oath keepers did. So, tying it to specifically or limiting it to the violence is wrong.

================================================================

In the weeks between Election Day 2020 and Jan. 6, 2021, the date of the attack on the U.S. Capitol, the former president implored Justice Department officials to “just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and Republican congressmen,” according to former acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue.

https://ohiocapitaljournal.com...department-detailed/

‘Just say the election was corrupt’: Trump pressure on Justice Department detailed
BY: JACOB FISCHLER - JUNE 27, 2022 3:30 AM

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19771 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote