New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Another Coincidence Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
You CANNOT alter the weather!

Been changing since creation! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67004 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
So?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do we change it Jeff? I don't know about america, but down here the general public who wants to change it, is telling us to get rid of cows. And the same general public is also screaming that fuel prices are too high. We increased our percentage of electric cars, and our winter coal imports to keep up with electrical supply went up something like 30%. While we banned natural gas exploration.
Who in this generation is going to step forward and offer up thier industry as the sacrificial lamb?
Ive cut my herd by 100cows, and will plant 1000 trees this winter. I sold my farm into trees and moved 1000 km too a smaller more efficient farm thats better for the environment. While the person telling me I havnt done enough, flew around the globe 3 times.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
First none here can quantify the human impact on the climate. Second none here or any of us can quantify our impact on the climate going forward with all the various changes proposed. NZ brings in 30% more coal? Dirty dirty coal? That great pollutant? I was just at a place this weekend where thousands of cars were assembled in a rural area. In the cold. If all those cars had to recharge how would that work? How much electricity would that require? How much local pull on the grid? Most of that electricity is generated using fossil fuel burning plants. There is no end to this idiocy.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are Kabob's in every country shanks. But kabobs driving to Alaska from Georgia doesnt contribute to the problem, just ask him.
As China and India are building coal plants as fast as they can, to burn soft coal, can we cut enough to offset what they are doing? That was part of the agreement made, we cut, they build until what was it, 2030-2032?

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Is anyone here innocent enough to believe the chicoms will stop building coal plants then?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
First none here can quantify the human impact on the climate. Second none here or any of us can quantify our impact on the climate going forward with all the various changes proposed. NZ brings in 30% more coal? Dirty dirty coal? That great pollutant? I was just at a place this weekend where thousands of cars were assembled in a rural area. In the cold. If all those cars had to recharge how would that work? How much electricity would that require? How much local pull on the grid? Most of that electricity is generated using fossil fuel burning plants. There is no end to this idiocy.

When the future needs require more electricity production then that need will likely be met by new plants. Even if they are powered by fossil fuels, the power plant is a POINT SOURCE EMITTER and pollutants can be more readily captured and/or contained. Burning that same fossil fuel in vehicles spreads the pollutants all over creation. Therein lies the major difference.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
How you gonna. Capture/contain it and do what with it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How you gonna. Capture/contain it and do what with it?

I believe that the technology and practice already exists. What are the ethanol producers expecting to do with the CO2 that they capture and want to ship via pipeline?

Ever heard of "Where there's a will there's a way" or "necessity is the mother of invention"? Just because we may not be doing it now doesn't mean that it can't be done later.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Until we have the way it makes no sense to ruin infrastructure already in place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until we have the way it makes no sense to ruin infrastructure already in place.

Who said anything about ruining infrastructure?

And BTW all of those vehicles aren't going to recharge at the same time and in the same place.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
The whole world is lit up like a Xmas tree 24/7 365. Literally a flick of the switch would do wonders. Turn the fucking lights off at night and I might begin to take you seriously.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
The whole world is lit up like a Xmas tree 24/7 365. Literally a flick of the switch would do wonders. Turn the fucking lights off at night and I might begin to take you seriously.

THIS

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Have noticed all the screaming heads for the environment - like Bill Gates - who travel on private jets??

Do as we say.

Not as we do!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67004 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Also, it's almost a certainty that fossil fuels won't be replaced 100%. Should also allow those drilling and pumping to sell their surplus on the world market.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.aol.com/great-lake...e-ice-212337505.html

From the link,

"“It’s basically nothing,” said James Kessler, a physical scientist with the laboratory, which is part of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. “We have about 50 years of data. On Jan. 1, the average for today is about 9%.”"