The Accurate Reloading Forums
Re: We Finally Got Our Emco 325 II In Production!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3621043/m/188109851

21 December 2004, 03:53
Saeed
Re: We Finally Got Our Emco 325 II In Production!
Gentlemen,

Emco Turn 325 II

Bullets we have made so far
21 December 2004, 15:03
MartinPotts
Nice bullet's saeed i really like the .585 bullet

Bone braker....
24 December 2004, 07:56
Saeed
WE made a few 585 caliber bullets today, and I was so amazed at the accuracy of this machine.

We finalized the bullets at 750 grains, and I made one box full - that is 112 fit into the platic boxes we have.

The weight variation was an incredible 0.1 of a grain!!??

We then found some that varied by about 5 grains, so we tried to find what the problem was.

It turned out pretty obvious. That particular copper rod had tiny cracks in the center of it!!

I will take some photos and post them here tomorrow.
24 December 2004, 08:50
MartinPotts
Saeed ..Sound's like you need a new supplyer for your copper rod ..Yik's

Is there a foundery in the UAE that make's rod stock from copper or is it all import..

It really depend's on how the rod stock is cooled once it's been formed that determeans it strenght and structure.
water bath's will couse the rod to form crake's on the inside of the stock air drying is the best way to go.

That's just my two cent's i have only done a bit of it myself mostly bronze casting and rod forming/ also some copper rod stock ....

Pottsy
24 December 2004, 10:13
Gerard
Saeed,
When you purchase bar, you must specify that you do not want cold rolled bar. Our supplier delivered a batch of cold rolled bar to us once and the first section we used, the bullets all had cracks lengthwise down the body.
24 December 2004, 14:59
MartinPotts
Saeed --- Gerard is 100% on the money
14 March 2005, 22:03
Saeed
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:
Saeed,<br />When you purchase bar, you must specify that you do not want cold rolled bar. Our supplier delivered a batch of cold rolled bar to us once and the first section we used, the bullets all had cracks lengthwise down the body.

Gerard my friend, I am afraid we do not have much of a choice here. WE just have to buy whatever is svailable.

This is generally copper rod that is meant for earthing jobs.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000