The Accurate Reloading Forums
VJ Day

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/9471035572

16 August 2023, 08:51
Norman Conquest
VJ Day
On this day in 1945, the war against the Imperial Japanese Empire came to an end.
17 August 2023, 01:25
Michael Michalski
I would bet a high percentage of the US population has no clue what VJ Day is!

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran
17 August 2023, 21:03
rikkochet
Same in the UK.
Mention VE day and you get a blank look.
18 August 2023, 14:23
Norman Conquest
Sad to say that most don't recognize June 6 1944 or December 7 1941. What a pity. I suppose that the "powers that be" are more concerned with teaching small children about transsexuality to kids that have no concept of the subject before being subjected by the new radical fringe + to hell with REAL history.
18 August 2023, 14:34
DCS Member
My grandfather was on his way for the invasion. He was delayed because my father was born.

He did end up being part of the occupying force. He learned ping pong very well.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
27 October 2023, 01:05
df06
I’m sure glad that “Give ‘em hell” Harry Truman was in charge. My dad was wounded on Okinawa, but would have likely been on the ground invasion into Japan.

NRA Patron member
27 October 2023, 17:19
Norman Conquest
My uncle Dick was in the Pacific + on the trip home when they checked every one's seabags, one fellow had 7 JAP skulls that he had boiled down + the authorities made him throw them over the side of the ship + he wept like a baby because they made him throw away his skulls. Along those same lines, however, I had a friend that came back from the European theater + had some German weapon trophies; but they were told on deck that they would be searched + if any contraband were found they would have to exit the ship to wait for another. Dick told me that we were so ready to go home that we didn't care, we just threw those Lugers + Shmeissers over the side + then GODANMIT, they never checked us. That still makes me sick to think about it.