The Accurate Reloading Forums
Won Powerball twice??, buy the 2nd biggest ranch in Texas......

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/8671094702

18 January 2015, 00:17
Gatogordo
Won Powerball twice??, buy the 2nd biggest ranch in Texas......
.....The Waggoner for $725 Million.

Here's a fairly interesting older story about the ranch and the feuding heirs...looks like the "sell it" side is winning at this time.

Waggoner Ranch

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
20 January 2015, 18:41
Mikelravy
More like win the Powerball 4 times. What a spread. John Malone or Ted Turner are probably dreaming about it.
20 January 2015, 19:20
Gatogordo
Probably either one could afford it. But it's only 525,000 acres (m/l, not sure of exact figure).

Personally I'm pulling for the guy who wants to keep it in the family, but I have no real info on the current situation.

My bet is that one would have to show some serious financial responsibility to get a showing. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
21 January 2015, 21:02
Texas Killartist
Interesting read. I've hunted the King and vermejo, but nothing as large as the Waggoner w/ a single fence around it !
21 January 2015, 23:21
Mikelravy
I'm amazed by Texas ranches. I was at the "South meadow" of the King ranch. 40,000 acres
23 January 2015, 23:44
Norton
Enjoyed the hell outta that story.