The Accurate Reloading Forums
Anyone Had Any Luck Stopping A Pond Leak?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/8541023062

04 August 2020, 03:00
Kensco
Anyone Had Any Luck Stopping A Pond Leak?
Using my pool chemicals, I tested the seep water, the pond water, and city water. I found a lot of similarities between the city water and the pond water. (I'm not sure that is a good thing.)

The seep had a little nitrate while the pond and city had none. The city and seep had no nitrite while the pond had .25ppm.

There was a big difference in pH. The pH was 8.4 to 8.2. for the city and pond. The seep water was 6.8 pH.

The other interesting parameter was temperature. At 9:00am the temperature outside was 73 to 76 degrees during the time I was sampling the water. The water in the pond and out of a faucet at my house was 84 to 85 degrees. The water in my seep was 71 degrees.

I've convinced myself that the pond is not leaking.
04 August 2020, 03:56
MeMe
71 degrees. Do you have springs in your area?
04 August 2020, 08:55
NormanConquest
We have many here in central Texas + more are coming back the more that the cedars are being eradicated. Those trees are a blight upon the land.

Never mistake motion for action.
04 August 2020, 21:45
Kensco
None that I'm aware of, and the topography around my seep doesn't tell me water can be coming from any direction other than from the direction of the pond/dam. Maybe, originally, when this was all pasture, the pond was spring-fed. My seep seems to be unique, and I'm happy for that.