This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/7461078062

28 July 2020, 20:25
Kensco
Remington Gone Belly-up Again
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/2...the-second-time.html
29 July 2020, 09:49
NormanConquest
What a shame, I still think that the 870 is one of the finest shotguns produced.

Never mistake motion for action.
29 July 2020, 18:42
Grizzly Adams1
That's what Venture Capitalism gets you.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
30 July 2020, 10:54
lavaca
They just needed a better trigger assembly
30 July 2020, 14:54
p dog shooter
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:

Grizz

If the people in charge could not run a firearms company and make money over the last 10 years and make money.

They were not trying and had other ideas on their agenda.
30 July 2020, 19:19
Kensco
Remington - Firearms (or Art), it's a hell of a brand. My Models 600 (.308 Win.), 700 (25.06 Rem.), 1100 (12 Ga.), 1100 (20 Ga.) served me well. I have nothing but wonderful memories.
30 July 2020, 19:47
TomP
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:

Grizz

If the people in charge could not run a firearms company and make money over the last 10 years and make money.

They were not trying and had other ideas on their agenda.

DuPont should buy Remington out of bankruptcy, probably for a lot less than they got when they sold it to the financiers.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
02 August 2020, 00:27
Use Enough Gun
Sad news, but not surprising.
04 August 2020, 00:29
DCS Member
Wall Street should stay on Wall Street. I used to be in IBanking and PE. Some deals make sense and some are BS. The BPS and Cabela’s deal was bad.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS
04 August 2020, 01:27
richj
isn't this about getting out from under a lawsuit.
04 August 2020, 01:38
Use Enough Gun
Would likely think so.
04 August 2020, 01:47
Opus1
Shed the yoke, start over again. If they succeed they will be much stronger for it and stand a chance of carrying on their legacy.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.
04 August 2020, 09:01
NormanConquest
I can understand filing to get free from a lawsuit, but not to avoid creditors. I have been a victim of the latter a few times over the years + it's no fun knowing you won't ever be paid + they're spending your money.

04 August 2020, 10:25
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I can understand filing to get free from a lawsuit, but not to avoid creditors. I have been a victim of the latter a few times over the years + it's no fun knowing you won't ever be paid + they're spending your money.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/r...-for-september-2021/

If your pre school kids are killed as a parent you are going to do after everyone.

Remington made the tool that was used to kill their kids and they are going after Remington on state law and the us Supreme Court sidestepped the issue.

Won’t turn out well for Remington in state court is my guess.

Mike
05 August 2020, 05:38
Use Enough Gun
I also wonder if their BK had anything to do, in part, with them not getting the contract for the new sniper rifles for the military. I understand that it went to Barrett.
05 August 2020, 08:37
NormanConquest
About 25 years ago in our little community, a woman went crazy + bashed in her 13-year-old daughter's head with a rock while she was sleeping. Although it was truly a tragedy, I did have the irreverent thought that now they can ban rocks to stop the cruelty + hopefully someone would see the fallacy in that line of thought. Of course not.