The Accurate Reloading Forums
father / daughter time

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/7411076372

12 February 2023, 19:03
Sabretooth
father / daughter time
Yesterday was the first father / daughter dance that I had with my little girl, Nora. Honestly, I think that it was more fun for me than it was for her.

12 February 2023, 19:22
nvmichael
Great picture. Looks like you both had fun.
Did she dance on your shoes?
12 February 2023, 19:25
Saeed
That is how it should!

Memories never to be forgotten!

We had a play room for my daughter when she was little, with a piano and drums, and a small stage which she and her friends enjoyed very much.

One day I joined them, and did a Michael Jackson break dance!

Apparently I was very good at it, as they all remember it.

My daughter will be 20 this year!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
12 February 2023, 20:11
nvmichael
quote:
One day I joined them, and did a Michael Jackson break dance!

gonna need video... rotflmo
12 February 2023, 21:21
john c.
probably remember it for the OPPOSITE reason!
12 February 2023, 21:25
df06
Good for both of you!

NRA Patron member
13 February 2023, 01:41
30.06king
It's a very special thing having a good relationship with your daughter. Actually, a precious thing. Keep it that way Dad.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.
13 February 2023, 02:05
p dog shooter
My daughter always told.

I was always more excited then she was when she shot a big game animal.
13 February 2023, 08:28
Aspen Hill Adventures
The smiles on both your faces say all!

Saeed, is your break dancing on video? Hard to believe Miss Hessa is 20 already!

~Ann

13 February 2023, 09:06
Norman Conquest
Very sweet + a great memory!
14 February 2023, 21:06
TCLouis
A parent!

Great, that is, as it should be!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

15 February 2023, 01:36
Use Enough Gun
quote:
My daughter will be 20 this year!

Enjoy them while they're young. You blink your eyes and they're all grown up. (Like the old song says) Big Grin
Congrats! Cute pic! tu2
15 February 2023, 08:26
Norman Conquest
Indeed! Develop a good rap pore with your kids early on + combine discipline with fairness, + your relationship should last a lifetime. I know of too many families where there are rifts between them + that is a sad affair. I am eternally grateful to still have good relations with my boys.
15 February 2023, 15:12
Saeed
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
The smiles on both your faces say all!

Saeed, is your break dancing on video? Hard to believe Miss Hessa is 20 already!

Yes we do have videos!

The girls have it on their phones until now!

We are lucky we live here in Dubai.

Where kids do grow up as kids in a large family atmosphere.

And no.

You are not going to see these videos! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
15 February 2023, 18:15
Bill/Oregon
Saeed: Sounds like a challenge ... hilbily
So true how quickly they grow up. Mine is a USDA scientist in her early 30s already. I can remember changing her diaper on a snow sled after we skied in to cut a Noble fir Christmas tree near Crater Lake. It doesn't seem that long ago.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
15 February 2023, 21:26
Scott King
I still stumble for the right words to describe being a father of a daughter. I say it is a joy and privilege, a duty and an honor, but that seems inadequate. I do tell mine she has my whole heart and that seems truthful.
16 February 2023, 00:27
Use Enough Gun
quote:
And no.

You are not going to see these videos!

Don't you believe it, Mr. Nice Guy! We have our ways. . . . . . rotflmo clap
19 February 2023, 09:22
lavaca
Sabretooth,

Good job. Spend time with your children as they grow up. I worked and missed that opportunity. Mine are grown and while I'll always regret it, I can't fix it now.
21 February 2023, 01:52
Use Enough Gun
quote:
Spend time with your children as they grow up. I worked and missed that opportunity. Mine are grown and while I'll always regret it, I can't fix it now.

Reminds me of a short story. I was flying back with opposing counsel from an oral argument before the Nevada Supreme Court. He said that he had to get back for a recital for his granddaughter. He then went on to say that he was trying to make up for never attending any of his children's performances, as he was always his law office.
22 February 2023, 09:36
Scott King
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:
Spend time with your children as they grow up. I worked and missed that opportunity. Mine are grown and while I'll always regret it, I can't fix it now.

Reminds me of a short story. I was flying back with opposing counsel from an oral argument before the Nevada Supreme Court. He said that he had to get back for a recital for his granddaughter. He then went on to say that he was trying to make up for never attending any of his children's performances, as he was always his law office.

Ouch. That hurts.
22 February 2023, 13:31
JBrown
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I still stumble for the right words to describe being a father of a daughter. I say it is a joy and privilege, a duty and an honor, but that seems inadequate. I do tell mine she has my whole heart and that seems truthful.

It is a blessing for a man to become a father at a stage in life where he has matured to the point he understands what is truly valuable and important, which allows him focus on what is truly important.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown
23 February 2023, 01:35
Scott King
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

It is a blessing for a man to become a father at a stage in life where he has matured to the point he understands what is truly valuable and important, which allows him focus on what is truly important.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...0American%20girlhood.

Jason, have you seen this?
23 February 2023, 04:18
whisk(e)y hunter
Congrats Sabre on a wonderful time with your daughter! I’m currently watching Frozen 2 with mine, gotta treasure the moments we have with them
01 March 2023, 08:44
lavaca
All true. A man should spend time with his children and congratulations on doing that. When I was coming up, judges and senior partners didn't give a damn about that. Judges still don't. Hell of a profession.
01 March 2023, 09:04
Norman Conquest
Indeed! Makes me think of that sad song by Harry Chapin, "Cats in the cradle". I am eternally grateful that after my divorce, I had sole custody of my boys + had my shop here on the property, so I was never away from them.