The Accurate Reloading Forums
rainwater collection system

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/7381072662

12 June 2021, 23:34
john c.
rainwater collection system
they couldn't put one up for months due to record rainfall. ground pure mud, couldn't build a pad for tank. system is now 95% built and no rain in sight. that irony or what??
13 June 2021, 02:38
Bobster
Try washing the car, or better yet, plan an outdoor event. Big Grin
13 June 2021, 17:43
john c.
hmmmmm......will let ya know!
13 June 2021, 21:19
TomP
Some years ago, we designed a small system for tinacos that triggered an alarm in the kitchen when the rooftop tank was getting too full...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
14 June 2021, 08:33
NormanConquest
John, 'or mopping the floor' Wink If you ever make it up this way you can check out mine. 1 - 2500 gal. tank at downspout recovery + a pump to another 2500 gal. tank at the garden area. I have a surface area on my shop of 40' X 15' per side @ a 5/12 pitch which gives you a 1.5 multiplier. I only use the one side as 1" of rain nets me 800 gallons.

Never mistake motion for action.
14 June 2021, 17:57
john c.
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Some years ago, we designed a small system for tinacos that triggered an alarm in the kitchen when the rooftop tank was getting too full...

it has an overflow system built in at the tank outside. gets pumped into attic, then thru huge filters to house
14 June 2021, 20:05
Grizzly Adams1
A very appropriate song. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRqybNYv9N8

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
17 June 2021, 09:29
NormanConquest
Several years ago I was doing a job on a roof of a house that was pre-antebellum in downtown Georgetown. There was a cistern built into the center of the house that allowed all of the roofs sheds to funnel into that one area + then into the underground cistern. Totaly self sufficient.

17 June 2021, 09:42
NormanConquest
Along those lines of ideas, I have several books dealing with my trade of metal working + obsolete ideas on jobs that were a necessity in the late 18th + early 19th century. Case in point was a rainwater collection conducter- head that was totally passive but was designed to flush the roof dross before filling the cisterns. It is essentially a S/M wye that has an internal baffel that is counterweighted by a pail (with a small hole in it) that will allow enough water to flow through to clear out all the dross + by that time the pail is now full + the baffel flips the other direction as the dross water escapes from the hole in the pail + only clean water goes into the cistern. Ocviously the ways assembly resets itself. I have a great respect for our ancestors.