The Accurate Reloading Forums
What are some good music radio stations are there in Texas?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/6311073412

01 October 2015, 05:02
vashper
What are some good music radio stations are there in Texas?
I installed a program that allows you to listen to thousands of radio stations from all over the world, but too many of them. What's good?
01 October 2015, 22:33
Texas Killartist
Badlands radio--out of Houston
The Ranch--out of Ft. Worth
You will NOT get any Nash--trash refs from me and I do follow real music and enjoy live shows regularly.
01 October 2015, 22:50
JTEX
97.1 in Houston
and 92.3 out of Junction

02 October 2015, 17:46
Kensco
v

What type of music do you like?
10 October 2015, 04:08
TCLouis
If it still exists, I think you can find some entertainment on XERF, Del Rio TX

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

10 October 2015, 04:57
vashper
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
97.1 in Houston
and 92.3 out of Junction

and they have names? This software - Tunein - radio - searches by name, not by frequency.
10 October 2015, 05:00
vashper
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
v

What type of music do you like?

Dunno, simply good music. Usually I have some CD with something like Romantic Collection. Music (even pop) differ from country to country.
14 October 2015, 04:06
Kensco
I like pop music. 102.9 has a short playlist, but I don't mind. They must be about my age. They repeat themselves a lot.

http://www.1029now.com/pages/playlist-2/
14 October 2015, 10:00
MJines
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:

97.1 in Houston

+1, and they have an app you can download to stream on your cell phone.

Mike
15 October 2015, 18:43
Kensco
On a broader point, how has Pandora, Sirius XM, etc. survived? Does anyone not incarcerated really listen to THAT much radio?

They tried to give me Sirius XM when I bought my SUV a few years ago, and certainly the fact that the vehicle was enabled for that system meant that they viewed Sirius XM as a desirable option. I didn't get it, or even get the free trial.

When I'm in my vehicle, I'm driving. I don't have time to be flipping stations all over the board searching iHeart, OnStar, Sirius, etc.

It is like cable TV. You get 175+ channels of sh*t that you don't want.
17 October 2015, 03:27
K Evans
I like "The Ranch" 106.9 FM, station is between my house and ranch, so Tune them in while on my tractor and much of the time in my truck. Not a very powerful station so they fade in and out sometimes, but they are on the internet. Play a good bit of "Texas" music. Might be worth a try.

Karl Evans

25 October 2015, 06:00
Slowpoke Slim
KCDX out of Tucson, Arizona

Lots of rare music, no DJ's, and no commercials.

One of the things I miss from Arizona.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor
26 October 2015, 08:27
NormanConquest
KUTX,98.9 F.M.from the University of Texas in Austin. Get info from KUTX.ORG.

Never mistake motion for action.
27 October 2015, 00:53
Lamar
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
On a broader point, how has Pandora, Sirius XM, etc. survived? Does anyone not incarcerated really listen to THAT much radio?

They tried to give me Sirius XM when I bought my SUV a few years ago, and certainly the fact that the vehicle was enabled for that system meant that they viewed Sirius XM as a desirable option. I didn't get it, or even get the free trial.

When I'm in my vehicle, I'm driving. I don't have time to be flipping stations all over the board searching iHeart, OnStar, Sirius, etc.

It is like cable TV. You get 175+ channels of sh*t that you don't want.

Sirius [XM] is different.
you get to listen to the same radio station all the way from Idaho through Wyoming.
otherwise you get 2 minute snippets of this and that as the radio scrolls through everything.
not so much fun at 4 am.
or you could just come to town here and get the am and fm station.
they are the same station just on different frequency's and reach about 4 miles out of town.

woo hoo wheat and potato fields are super entertaining to look at rolling along at 45 MPH.
yep,,, never seen a red tractor before... check it out...
yaaaay.. only 2.75 more hours to get to work, time is flyin by.
look a cow.
12 November 2015, 09:45
NormanConquest
Sirius is a nice addition (if you want to pay for it). When I bought my truck new at the dealership they wanted to sell me everything.I wanted a plain jane vanilla for a work truck.They could not believe that I did'nt want a radio. I said I did'nt want to finance a radio.That I can install myself. However all they had was a fully loaded club cab P.U. Nissan Frontier. My ex wife (thank God!) was there + read the car dealers the riot act. She would get this vehicle !!!! + it will be cheap,etc!!!!!. She was such a bitch that they just wanted her out of there. I got a brand new pick up,fully loaded for $12.000.00. She was usefull at times but it was'nt worth it to stay married to her.

Never mistake motion for action.
12 November 2015, 20:10
fla3006
www.kedaradio.com San Antonio
you can get it online

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.