The Accurate Reloading Forums
A 'simple' marine stereo...as my boat's stereo crashed today

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/1611094532

24 September 2017, 07:31
ledvm
A 'simple' marine stereo...as my boat's stereo crashed today
Well my Sony stereo in my '06 boat went tits-up today. Hated that damn thing anyway! It was so complicated to operate...one had to have a tutorial everyday before going on the water.

Most of the time we just played CD's because if you turned the power on and put in a CD...it would just start playing.

Want to replace it with something new but more importantly...something simple!!!

A satellite capable one that will play Willie's Roadhouse, Fox News and Fox Business would be just fine...but my wife wants to be able play Pandora (God help us) from her IPhone on it.

Anyone have a suggestion on one? Remember...simplicity is the key word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.
24 September 2017, 08:06
JTEX
I feel your pain Doc.......I can't seem to work these new aftermarket radios either........

26 September 2017, 20:35
TomP
Turn off the noise and fish.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
27 September 2017, 08:04
ledvm
My wife likes to have some music.

Happy wife...happy life. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.
27 September 2017, 08:37
NormanConquest
You got a point there judge.

Never mistake motion for action.
28 September 2017, 22:20
TomP
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
My wife likes to have some music.

Happy wife...happy life. Wink

Wives rule, we are in agreement...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
29 September 2017, 01:02
custombolt
I've had good luck with my Kenwood home tuner/cd.
But, its over 20 years old. Sound quality is way above average.

My old room mate had a Harmon-Kardon casette recorder/player and that made the clearest recording off of a 33 1/3 I ever heard. But, I'm not even sure if they offer a marine radio. Sorry I'm not much help.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.