The Accurate Reloading Forums
Leopard Ideas

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3421043/m/6361091302

11 August 2014, 07:05
tanks
Leopard Ideas
I am torn between a few options.

Rug, Pedestal mount or branch mount. Now, I have 10.6' ceilings, so if branch mount I could put it on the wall. If pedestal mount, I could put it in the entry foyer area or elsewhere I guess.

Rug could go anywhere as well.

Suggestions, pros and cons?
11 August 2014, 08:00
Grenadier
quote:

Rug could go anywhere as well.

Goes anywhere, even if you move. If left to your survivors, they too can put it anywhere. Just seems more versitile to me.

11 August 2014, 16:54
Jerry Huffaker
Pedestal lifesize is the most versatile
, you can have it on wheels where it will roll around and they don't take up much space. a rug nearly has to go on the wall because you don't want people walking on it. It will take up space where 4 heads could go. A tree mount on the wall would be my last choice, there would be only a couple of options where it could go and very difficult to move if the need arises.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

12 August 2014, 19:06
tendrams
People here will freak out if you do a rug...but I personally think it is the classy way to mount a cat.
14 August 2014, 04:46
Poyntman
I'm having one done right now too and have the same issue. I chose a natural lifesize pose on a limb with a slight pitch out from wall and a slight pant mouth ( i dont like the snarling mouths etc and i like the natural character of some mouth and teeth showing)
31 August 2014, 09:06
lavaca
tendrams,

I'm one of those. My first leopard left Tanzania yesterday. He was big for western Tanzania and I just couldn't do a rug. If I get one bigger, I might feel the same way, but after a couple or three, I'd agree with you.
05 September 2014, 08:50
lavaca
Jerry,

I'd like a full body mount, very natural, not snarling. I'd also like to keep the skull and claws separately. Any ideas?

If this wasn't my first leopard, I'd mount him doing what he was doing right before he was shot. First, sitting like a dog. Then, rolling on his back in the grass with all four feet in the air, feeling good about the world after getting laid. But that would be rather undignified.
05 September 2014, 18:26
Jerry Huffaker
Here's a couple to think about Lavaca

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

05 September 2014, 19:51
Steve Ahrenberg

Here's what I did with one of my Leopards. It use to bolt to the top of a Fork Know gun safe. Perfect use of space. My new trophy room, I built a specific place to put it.

The Klippy was blown to pieces when I shot it. Figured the Leopard wouldn't mind too much.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"
07 September 2014, 05:13
lavaca
Jerry and Steve:

Very nice suggestions. I like them all. I'm thinking something like Jerry's first one might fit my needs.

Now I just have to convince my wife we need a leaopard in the living room (and some tusks).

Life is about negotiation and it's how I make my living.

Thanks again. Great suggestions.
10 September 2014, 18:50
Wendell Reich
I am fond of the mounts on branches. Either a full habitat, or a limb. I have quite a few mounts, but the first one people see when they walk in the door is the Leopard. They will walk right between two of the most beautiful pedestal mount Buffalo to get to the Leopard.

As for what your family will do with it once you pass ... that would be at the bottom of the list of considerations for me. They will never appreciate the cat like you do. Mount it how you want it.