The Accurate Reloading Forums
Tannery For Ele Skin

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3421043/m/5781023422

27 August 2016, 18:42
shootaway
Tannery For Ele Skin
Can I use any local tannery or do I need a special one? If so can anyone recommend one in Canada?
28 August 2016, 19:06
larryshores
George:

I had a bunch tanned. I will check but I think they sent it to the same tannery they use for everything.
28 August 2016, 20:10
Jerry Huffaker
Contact Brian Dobson in edmonton, he can help you

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

29 August 2016, 03:33
shootaway
Thanks
03 September 2016, 08:03
Kyler Hamann
When I asked around about this several sources recommended Specialty Leather.

They did a great job on several panels for me. In fact, many years later, after I'd been using a gun case made out of the leather, they still stood by their work. I got some spots on the case which, as I told them, was probably my fault for exposing the case to some bushes, but they offered to re-dye the case for free. They even sent me photos of the work in progress to make sure I was happy.

Great people to work with.

03 September 2016, 10:59
shootaway
quote:
Originally posted by Kyler Hamann:
When I asked around about this several sources recommended Specialty Leather.

They did a great job on several panels for me. In fact, many years later, after I'd been using a gun case made out of the leather, they still stood by their work. I got some spots on the case which, as I told them, was probably my fault for exposing the case to some bushes, but they offered to re-dye the case for free. They even sent me photos of the work in progress to make sure I was happy.

Great people to work with.

I checked out their web site and it looks like they do good work.Unfortunately I doubt I can send the skins over there.I think I might run into issues by sending ele hide to the US.
04 September 2016, 18:18
Joe Savikataaq Jr
George,

I got mine tanned in Winnipeg by International Fur Dressers
04 September 2016, 18:56
shootaway
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Savikataaq Jr:
George,

I got mine tanned in Winnipeg by International Fur Dressers

Joe,big thanks!
28 October 2016, 01:01
BuffHunter63
On a related topic. I have an old elephant ear in my garage. It was salted and dried and then shipped to the USA. This was back in 2003. I wonder if the raw ear is still good and can be tanned?

Anyone know?

Thanks.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!