The Accurate Reloading Forums
Looking for an Exotic Hunt Feedback, Priour Ranch, Patio Ranch, Texas Divide Ranch?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/9871003562

02 April 2021, 19:10
Big Wonderful Wyoming
Looking for an Exotic Hunt Feedback, Priour Ranch, Patio Ranch, Texas Divide Ranch?
Has anyone hunted the Priour Ranch in Mt Home Texas?

The Patio Ranch also in Mountain Home?

Or the Texas Divide Ranch in Water Valley?
02 April 2021, 23:58
Big Wonderful Wyoming
If you have another place that has decent prices and is moderatly fair chase let me know.

Just don't want to shoot something in a 80 acre pen.

1000 acres minium and more is appreciated.
03 April 2021, 01:16
WBT
What are you looking to hunt?
03 April 2021, 06:33
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I want the option of going someplace and looking it over and seeing what is available.

Goal would be to go after something, and then adjust fire if I am not happy with what they show me.

Spoke to a couple of them and asked about options and they were all very honest about what they had.

I am interested in a Pere David's deer but then will have fall back animals. Something old and unique.

I want to book direct the ranch outfit, don't want a bunch of cooks in the kitchen.
03 April 2021, 06:36
perry
I hunted the Patio many moons ago. Family owed and operated. My dad grew up with the owner. Very pretty place

Perry
17 April 2021, 08:21
Atkinson
Most all those ranches are high fenced and have 100% success rate, most are in excess of 2500 acres..Most guarentee a decent shot at the game in question..

Never approach a fair chase hunt with unreasonable expectations, its still hunting, well in some cases at least...

I personally don't like high fenced hunts, most are just shooting. In Texas or Africa, not much difference in RSA so do your homework..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
17 April 2021, 08:23
Big Wonderful Wyoming
Talked to a lot of people, and I think I need a bigger ranch.

Not going to be happy with a huge animal killed in a 800 (that is probably 400) acre pasture.

Want an experience.

Maybe another aoudad.
19 April 2021, 22:20
Jason P
I'd look at an axis hunt with MulieMike
19 April 2021, 23:48
ZekeShikar
One word: Aoudad

Zeke
20 April 2021, 00:47
T.J.
It doesn't answer your question about Priour, Patio, or Texas Divide feedback, but I believe the Ox Ranch and YO Ranch both have game viewing trips which would allow you to have a look around. Both places are huge in terms of acreage.

20 April 2021, 01:53
Big Wonderful Wyoming
I have been to the old YO about 8 years ago.

It is huge, even though it is massively compartmentalized.