The Accurate Reloading Forums
Re: Who makes a good sling?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/984104311

02 June 2004, 02:37
Cold Zero
Re: Who makes a good sling?
tactical intervention.com, great slings guaranteed.

cold zero
01 June 2004, 23:37
MLG
Allen Day,

I real glad to hear of your opinion on Brownells Latigo Leather sling - I have just ordered one for my model 70 416 Rem mag - its difficult to order from a book but I also do not like cobra slings.
01 June 2004, 23:17
RLI
The best sling is a canvas 2" sling by Westley Richards
RLI
02 June 2004, 06:36
phurley
Jeff57 ----- I finally found the sling that will not slide off your shoulder and not leave a sore spot after days of carrying. The Butler Creek stretchy with little rubber knobs that prevent the sliding. It is not a shooting sling, but I don't use it for shooting, so that is not a problem. All I know is after days of treking the mountains after Elk, the percieved weight is less and I no longer have a sore spot and it does not slide off as some of the others. I have some beautiful, personalized, thumbhole leather slings that now catch dust. The Butler Creek is also inexpensive at $19.95. Good shooting.
02 June 2004, 09:44
John Frazer
The Latigo is great but give it a good oiling to reduce that new leather squeak.

I've also considered prying off the brass roller on the buckle -- the only metal-to-metal contact in the assembly.
02 June 2004, 10:07
FURocious
Quote:

I use the Uncle Mikes Mountain Sling. It is nylon with a strip of some rubber/leather like material sewn on the inside. That keeps it from slipping.

I know it is not leather, and I like leather, but it is very durable, light, quiet and weather resistant. I have a brown one and a black one. I just throw one on the rifle I will be using. Usually it is my composite stalker.

Those mountain slings are perfect for the hunter who likes to wrap up in a hasty sling and have a non-slip over-the-shoulder carry sling all in one. They are very comfortable and sharp looking. I have them on three of my rifles.
02 June 2004, 03:30
Boghossian
Do any of you use 'cobra' slings (v wide and comfortable but nearly useless for shooting)? Really great if they have a thumbhole in the middle...
02 June 2004, 03:17
Dutch
What kind of sling depends a lot on what you use it for, but for rough terrain, the "splitfire" is pretty cool. The strap separates, so you can carry the rifle either back pack style, or 3/4 back pack. Pretty neat when you want to use both hands to hang on. HTH, Dutch.
02 June 2004, 15:30
Jeff57
I appreciate everyones input, I'll check them out. You got to Love the internet!
Thanks All,
Jeff