The Accurate Reloading Forums
Big old gator

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/2641069752

11 May 2020, 01:14
boarkiller
Big old gator
Last September I had 12’ roll over my hand pulling h8m into a boat
Thought it broke my hand, it swelled up , put ice and Advil and after few days I was good

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”
16 May 2020, 13:28
larryshores
He is still around but no longer consistently staying in the same place. I saw him on camera last week. I set a line 3 consecutive nights and he never hit it.
17 May 2020, 22:38
LHeym500
Can you hunt him from the banks, or by stacking a bait with a rifle like one would a croc in Africa?
18 May 2020, 00:57
larryshores
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Can you hunt him from the banks, or by stacking a bait with a rifle like one would a croc in Africa?

Yup. The problem with that approach is buzzards . They hammer the bait in short order.
18 May 2020, 17:15
sharpsguy
Larry--Tie the bait to a pole something in shallow water next to the bank. Hay wire works well. Buzzards won't light in six inches of water, but the gator will come to the bait.
18 May 2020, 17:27
larryshores
quote:
Originally posted by sharpsguy:
Larry--Tie the bait to a pole something in shallow water next to the bank. Hay wire works well. Buzzards won't light in six inches of water, but the gator will come to the bait.

Already tried that .

Right now, I think the problem is mating season. He is on the move but probably not far away.