The Accurate Reloading Forums
eureka timberline 4 tents

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/300106493/m/658108895

04 January 2007, 18:09
handwerk
eureka timberline 4 tents
Anybody have/used one of these tents? Opinions please.
05 January 2007, 05:28
hacklebackmor
I have the two man version of this tent. I like it mostly because it is very simple to set up. The fiber glass pole tents are like a puzzle to me. Mine is old enough (15 + years) that I need to replace most of the zipper pulls.
05 January 2007, 09:01
WWhunter
I also have the 2 man and I have the 6 man that I use for Elk hunting. My opinion...good tents. Much better than your "Mart specials.

Wher are you from in MN? I have a place near Itasca State Park.
16 January 2007, 19:27
jackfish
I have used 4 person Eureka Timberline tents for 27 years and think they are a great camping tent. Used to do 10-day spike camps with a crew of six as a crewleader for the YACC in MNDNR Region 2. One spike on Hinsdale Island (Lake Vermillion) it rained hard for the first two days but we all stayed dry in 4 person Timberlines. I would suggest getting the Outfitter version and a vestibule if you are going to use it a lot. I currently have a 4XT with 2 doors and a vestibule on one end built into the fly. I put a vestibule from a previous Timberline 4 on the other end and it is a rooooomy base camp for two people.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
17 January 2007, 05:48
handwerk
Thanks for the input guys, I ordered up the 4 man. Jackfish, water street still alive and kicking?
17 January 2007, 20:09
jackfish
The nightlife is still lively but Kerm's grocery store just closed its doors. Now there is no longer a grocery store in Eau Claire's urban core, yet the southside is saturated with them to the point where Copp's could close also. Good luck with your tent.

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.