The Accurate Reloading Forums
The 10MM list of firearms just gained another

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2911043/m/5381063142

29 April 2018, 20:16
Palladin8
The 10MM list of firearms just gained another
Ruger just released their GP-100 Match Champion chambered in 10MM. This is the proper size revolver for this caliber in my opinion. I was a bit disappointed when they first released it in the Super Redhawk as I felt(still do) that the platform is way to big for the caliber. Now they release it in the GP-100 and the game changes for me at least. It's going to be a bit before I can pick it up since we are going on vacation here in a few weeks and the wife would shoot me with it if I dipped into her fun money.

https://ruger.com/products/gp1...Champion/models.html
30 April 2018, 00:44
OLBIKER
At least the grips are not plywood. Roll Eyes
30 April 2018, 01:01
Palladin8
No they are the same Hogue Walnut that are on my current Match Champion. They are very comfortable even with max loaded 180gr or 158gr loads.
08 May 2018, 08:51
deadibob
That's the most exciting thing I've seen from Ruger in a long time Smiler
09 May 2018, 19:32
Bill/Oregon
I am a little disappointed in the extraction system, which requires moon clips. I thought Ruger perfected a spring-loaded extraction system that opened like a flower to extract 9mm cases decades ago. Apparently that didn't work all that well.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
09 May 2018, 19:48
OLBIKER
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I am a little disappointed in the extraction system, which requires moon clips. I thought Ruger perfected a spring-loaded extraction system that opened like a flower to extract 9mm cases decades ago. Apparently that didn't work all that well.

That would work just fine.The big advantage of the moon clips is the fast dumping and reloading of the revolver.I have a S&W 45ACP Jerry M.set up for moon clips and it is slicker than snot on a glass doorknob.
10 May 2018, 16:15
p dog shooter
I shot the red hawk version at the SHOT show range day.

I experienced 50 percent misfires shooting double action. Out of several cylinders full.

Light firing pin strikes all of them.

Personally I prefer rimmed cartridges in revolvers.
11 May 2018, 19:20
butchloc
as i remember it the 10 was supposed to repliate the 41 so why not use a 41 speaking of that i di have a smith 610 which usually sits on the shelf while the 57 get used intead
12 May 2018, 02:12
dwheels
I like the 10mm but I like the 44 special better. I think that the Ruger GP100 with a 3 inch barrel would be just the ticket for me.I could load it up down and all around. DW
12 May 2018, 03:32
A.J. Hydell
quote:
Originally posted by dwheels:
I like the 10mm but I like the 44 special better. I think that the Ruger GP100 with a 3 inch barrel would be just the ticket for me.I could load it up down and all around. DW

Or, as with any 10mm revolver, like the old S&W 610s, you can have a wheelgun 'smith (e.g., Hamilton Bowen) ream out the chambers of the cylinder to 10mm Magnum specs.

That gives you the option of shooting .40S&W, 10mm AUTO, or 10mm Magnum out of the same gun using the same moon clips.

All The Best ...