The Accurate Reloading Forums
Nosler's Hunting Handgun

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2911043/m/4901067242

15 June 2018, 04:46
MAH
Nosler's Hunting Handgun
https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun

Nolser has introduced their new Model 48 NCH -- a single-shot, bolt-action handgun. Will be most welcomed by handgun hunters looking for extreme accuracy. Check out the link or visit Nosler's website. You'll be seeing more of this handgun in the future.
15 June 2018, 07:36
youngoutdoors
Now that looks like a fun one. Would like to try one out.

Thanks for the link, God Bless, Louis
15 June 2018, 14:43
TonyRumore
"Designed from the ground up by the engineers at Nosler with input from some of the most successful handgun hunters alive today"

This is clearly BS. If it were true, the bolt handle would be on the other side.
15 June 2018, 18:11
jwp475
quote:
Originally posted by TonyRumore:
"Designed from the ground up by the engineers at Nosler with input from some of the most successful handgun hunters alive today"

This is clearly BS. If it were true, the bolt handle would be on the other side.

Why? Everyone does not like the bolt handle on the other side.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill
16 June 2018, 01:35
Bill/Oregon
At an MSRP of $2,498, it is well out of my price range. Looks nice, though.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
16 June 2018, 10:11
Palladin8
Nice looking but a bit on the spendy side for me. I could rebarrel my XP 100 and put a custom stock on it and still be about a grand cheaper
16 June 2018, 11:42
Pease River
quote:
Originally posted by MAH:
https://www.nosler.com/nosler-handgun

Nolser has introduced their new Model 48 NCH -- a single-shot, bolt-action handgun. Will be most welcomed by handgun hunters looking for extreme accuracy. Check out the link or visit Nosler's website. You'll be seeing more of this handgun in the future.

18 June 2018, 06:14
Peter
I dunno! I had an XP-100 in 7mm BR and had major problems getting the accuracy I expected out of it. Same issue with a T/C Contender. My main problem was getting a steady hold, even with the forend rested and the grip on another rest, I still could not get a steady enough hold.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
20 June 2018, 00:26
AFRICAN LEADWOOD
I don't know but a good rest helps. My 357 Mag Freedom Arms shoots a solid 1.5 moa at 100m. I've seen many TC's do the same and better but they require careful and specific loading.
21 June 2018, 06:28
packrattusnongratus
I'm happy with the gun as it is. But change the bolt to the left side, no fluting, .308, rebored to 358 Winchester.
26 August 2018, 22:08
HHI812
Mark Hampton came through Anchorage airport and he told me he just got a sheep with one of these new guns
28 August 2018, 11:36
rnovi
a 5.5# handgun...or a 5.5# rifle?

I really do love shooting a revolver at 100 yards but...really? I at least hope it's a little lighter than a rifle to reflect the size.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!
03 February 2019, 21:50
Nathan
I’m surprised it isn’t available in 6mm TCU(6x223), 375 JRS(375x284 Win) or 6.5 Grendel?