THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    WTB: New 100 Fed Gold Medal 223 brass cases.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB: New 100 Fed Gold Medal 223 brass cases.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
WTB: New 100 Fed Gold Medal 223 (1 bag/box)

I went ahead and ordered some Lapua from midway.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3123 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3123 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bump

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
OP,
Federal GMM brass is junk... as is the GMM ammo w/ crimped primers.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 385 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dans40XC:
OP,
Federal GMM brass is junk... as is the GMM ammo w/ crimped primers.

I’ve used the same 100 pieces of Federal Gold medal match 222 (nickel plated) brass for coyote loads for well over 20 years. Case necks didn’t need turning at all. Shoots bug hole 5 shot groups (.2”-.3”) with 50 grain ballistic tips over 24 grains of benchmark and Fed 205M primers. I primarily have shot coyotes with it, so it doesn’t have a million loadings but it’s pretty darn tough brass. Lapua is tougher brass, but my Lott of Fed 222 is still excellent. Maybe things have changed in the last 25 years? Starline is good brass, but case capacity is a little less than Federal and LC. Win and Rem brass is junk. What brands of brass would you recommend, and where might I find it?

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
World of difference between a .222 & .223/5.56.

If you run bushings for 223 sizing,IMI brass should be your first choice.

RUAG,CBC,MEN,LAPUA brass is light years ahead of any FC product manufactured by ATK management.

PM your address & I'll send you 75+ pieces of new,late 90's FGMM 223 brass.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 385 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dans40XC:
World of difference between a .222 & .223/5.56.

If you run bushings for 223 sizing,IMI brass should be your first choice.

RUAG,CBC,MEN,LAPUA brass is light years ahead of any FC product manufactured by ATK management.

PM your address & I'll send you 75+ pieces of new,late 90's FGMM 223 brass.

PM Sent!

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
in route by USPS Pri.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com