THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    F/S Mauser 98 3 position safeties Right Hand
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

F/S Mauser 98 3 position safeties Right Hand
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mauser 98 – 3 Position Safety
Part # 983R
A new machined sleeve from Chrome Moly Steel. This safety has the side swing lever like the Classic Winchester M70. A Precision machined unit that is left polished in the white for final finishing. The sleeve has been machined from pre heat treated steel, while the lever has been carefully heat treated and tempered for long life. This allows for low scope use, while retaining the gas deflecting design and shape of the Mauser sleeve. It will upgrade the Mauser 98 and many of its various variations. This Safety will not fit the models 1891, 1893 1894, 1895, 1896, Siamese Mauser, or the Husqvarna Improved Mauser
Positive detents in the lever for the FIRE (forward) safe (middle) positions. The middle position is safe, while allowing the bolt to be opened and the rifle unloaded. Moving the lever all the way to the rear position, (safe) forces the plunger forward which locks the bolt from opening, and puts the lever in the rear SAFE position.
This safety uses the original firing pin, firing pin spring, and cocking piece as well as the old sleeve lock, and spring.
Requires installation by a qualified person, minor machining work is required to the rear of the bolt and the cocking piece for proper installation. Detailed fitting instructions are included with each safety. A spare safety plunger, safety plunger spring, and cross pin are supplied. This Safety is 100% made in the USA, from USA sourced steel.

As of 1/1/2023

Cost is $ 185.00, plus $ 10.00 shipping and Insurance
Payment by Cashier’s Check, or Money Order
Personal or Business Check also accepted, but will be held a few days to clear before item shipped.

USA sales only

James Wisner
146 Curtis Hill Rd
Chehalis WA. 98532
cell # 360-520-3350

Pic # 1

Posts: 1453 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pic # 2

Posts: 1453 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pic # 3

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Beautiful machining on those.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A work of art. Buttress thread too.

Craftsman

Posts: 1540 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some persons still interested so BTT

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
James, I will take it - RH. PM sent.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13508 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
If you have another one available I will take it. Please let me know

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you have another I will take one. PM me.
Are you still selling straddle floorplates for 1909 guards?
What else are you making for mauser customization?

KJK

Posts: 687 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Currently have over 150 of these Right Hand safeties on hand.

PM's responded to.
JW

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I will take one. Please PM details.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bluefish, PM sent

BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Still have quite a few safeties on hand.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I will take one of these

MHS

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually make that 2, forgot about another action I bought

MHS

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MileHighShooter:

MHS

Good move!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
quote:
Originally posted by MileHighShooter:

MHS

Good move!

for the g33/40 and vz.24!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim make it 3

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mile High, PM's answered, and Safetys shipped Thanks

Bump.
Still have safeties available.

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
safeties received! thank you

one of us
posted Hide Post
Monthly bump

one of us
posted Hide Post
Monthly Bump.
Still have plenty of these safeties for sale

Please note address change in the first post

JW

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t need one right now but thought about buying one just to have handy. Then I read the payment methods. Too much work for impulse purchase.

Please get set up on PayPal, zelle, Venmo, chase bill pay, etc. you’ll make more money if I don’t have to deal with stamps and envelopes and balanced check books.

You make an amazing safety.

Posts: 238 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well for this old Stubborn, Stuck in the Mud Old Fart, electronic payments are not really an option.

Sorry but I seem to have an issue pulling up any phone Apps on my non-internet Flip phone, so until that changes I will simply stay the course with what I am used to.

I am, and intend to stay as long as possible; a Coin/Paper of the Realm kind of guy, the look and feel of plastic is just not the same.

Early this week I received two checks from AR members for safeties’, so I guess I am not alone.

The year 2022 marks my 50th year of working in the Firearm Industry, I have met a lot persons over the years, as well as seen a Lot of changes to our industry. I am grateful to be able to do the type of work I enjoy, and make Products that will last the course of time.

James L Wisner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just fit a Dakota 3 position this week. I also have a Wisner on hand, and was glad I did.

The Dakota took some work to make work correctly, and took approximately 2 hours of polishing to get tool marks out and ready to blue.

The Wisner is very close to drop in, the mods needed are to fit the bolt/cocking piece/sear to it, not to make the shroud and safety work. I was glad to have the Wisner to compare to, to decide how/where to mod the Dakota to work.

If I hadn't been 2 hours into the polishing of the shroud before I recognized I had to do some mods to make it work, I would have abandoned the Dakota and just used Jim's. That's the course I'll take in the future, I have 3 Dakota I'll be putting on Ebay. I actually was planning to use the Wisner, but got confused and grabbed the wrong one by mistake and was into it quite a bit before I realized my mistake.

I highly recommend Jims safety's. I've installed NECG (good), Dakota (OK), Gentry (ugh!) unknown from ebay, Ed Lapour, and Wisner, and the Wisner is easily the best and least work to finish and fit, although the Recknagel sold by NECG is close.

Thanks, Jim!

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you also offer the service of installing these safeties?

KJK

Posts: 687 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
JWs is by far, the best; note that the NECG one (which is just ok), is far more expensive and not worth it. Other makes, as stated, are yuck.
And they are very easy to install, once you know how. And they don't need polishing; no one wants a high gloss finish any more.

Posts: 17191 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
I just installed two of these. Unlike most other 3 position safeties, these have very nice detents. You can actually get from position 1: fire, to position 2: safe but unlocked, directly. Most other maker's detents are so vague that you have to go to the third position: Safe and locked, then back to the second.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this reminds me I may need to order a few more

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several of Jim's safeties on my rifles. Nice detents, very smooth and quiet.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2150 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So much better than the Dakota or Gentry, better engineering

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5508 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
On my list for Monday. I know I had wanted a two position years ago, but dropped the ball.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The two positions are great for sure, but for not much more $ you can have a new three position one with a new bolt shroud and it looks better. Even I you don't care about the mid position.

Posts: 17191 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
The two positions are great for sure, but for not much more $ you can have a new three position one with a new bolt shroud and it looks better. Even I you don't care about the mid position.

Exactly!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they look great installed

one of us
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to the members here for their Kind words.
J Wisner