THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified    22LR Federal Ammo - box of 525
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22LR Federal Ammo - box of 525
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted
525 rounds per box
Federal
22LR
36 GR. Copper-Plated Hollow Point

$100 Each Box + $20 shipping UPS Ground
I have (2) of these boxes available.

Must be 21+ and be able to have ammo shipped to your state /location.

Thank you

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 270 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
If these are going for 100$ I will bring a dozen bricks to the gun show in a week. Wow!

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation

Posts: 6715 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They’re worth what someone will pay for them.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2319 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
They’re worth what someone will pay for them

Look online and you will find $159-$259 for the same box of 525. Eeker

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12798 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’ll sell
All of mine for $259

Plus shipping of course rotflmo

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 680 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FLGrizzy
posted Hide Post
Even though someone will pay it... just like in times past, it's just sad and RIDICULOUS
hammering

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!

Posts: 469 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
True. As I have stated before, I am in accord with capitalism however I am not in accord with fxxxing your fellow shooters. But then we seem to go through this same insanity every election cycle.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 14412 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Being known as a scalper here will haunt you.
Best of luck

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground.

Posts: 2531 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
FLGrizz, NormanConquest and cal30 1906,

If I understand correctly, you gents seem to believe that it is not right for someone to sell ammo/powder/components at the current inflated prices.

I disagree with you somewhat.

I have a question for you and others who see this as price gouging: doesn't it stand to reason that these inflated prices discourage shooters from purchasing and hoarding components, thereby leaving more inventory available for shooters who might actually need these items?

Or to state it another way: If a seller decided to be a "good guy" and listed his ammo at pre panic prices, wouldn't that actually encourage hoarders to snatch it up either looking to resell for a profit, or worse, stick it in the back of the closet, thereby taking it out of circulation for those who need it?

I'm of half a mind to believe that it would be better if everyone, including retailers, priced there components at market value during these panic rushes. My belief is that this would allow them to make an increased profit while keeping product on the shelves. I guess I would prefer to pay $50 a pound for powder than not be able to buy any at $30 a pound because it is completely sold out.

(BTW, last month I sold powder and primers here on AR because I couldn't ship them to my new state of residence. I felt that I sold them at very fair prices that were not inflated. I was just happy to move them to fellow members who could use them, as I could not.)

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 5760 | Location: The North Slope, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal30 1906:
Being known as a scalper here will haunt you.
Best of luck

Wow!!! Now we are going to start threaten someone. Here is a novel idea!!! If you don't want what he is selling move the F**K on !!!!!

You guys are the same guys that get on your soap box every time.

Norman you bought a browning for a estate last year for $500 Browning goes out of business and price goes through the roof. I am sure you are going to post that rifle for $550 because you want to be nice to all your shooting buddies. Come on guys you can't say that with a straight face.

And before you say anything I can assure you my buddy and I help out more deserving folks with gear and kids with their first guns than I care to share. So it's not all about the Benjamins!!!!

Posts: 3585 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FLGrizzy
posted Hide Post
JBrown.... it can be looked at many ways. All I said is it’s “sad and Ridiculous “
Meaning that we go through this sh/t almost every time elections or gun legislation happens.

As Del Prater kind of put it...No we don’t have to buy it and we do move the Fk on... we ALL know that GREED will fk up a lot of things. Is it Capitalism? Greed? Or Opportunity for someone that NEEDS money ??Either way, not everyone one has to like it.
Nothing wrong with voicing an opinion.
Carry on Gents salute

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!

Posts: 469 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This whole discussion seems inappropriate. When someone posts here, you can buy or not. Maybe make a POSITIVE comment that might help the sale, but anything remotely critical should be kept to oneself, or expressed in a PM. As has been stated, if the price is too high, it won’t sell. If someone wants something for a given price they’ll buy it. Welcome to free market economics. I second the comment about “moving on”, and let’s let folks advertise their wares without bullshit comments.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3097 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’m with Colorado Matt here. I sort of posted my response as a joke and then the butt hurt began to flow.

Would I sell my 22lr at ass clownish high prices. In a heartbeat I would to locals who are unprepared. I could pay off my mortgage.

Would I attempt to sell it here at those prices? NEVER.

Giraffe Hunter.

Sorry we ruined your party.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 680 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I won't buy from gougers or sell to them!

They are a large part of the problem!

Posts: 39028 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
And here is the other side of the story when you try to be a nice guy. I recently contacted a "friend" to see if I could help out some of my fellow competitive shooters. I had a bunch of powder and bullets that were surplus to my needs as I dont shoot as much as I used to. He said he would help out and I sold almost $5K worth of stuff at normal retail price and he claimed he would get it out to the guys as needed. Just saw his listings on a local website here asking $600.00 per 8# of various powders that I had sold him for about #180.00 per 8#. Getting screwed trying to help people out hurts. Getting screwed by someone whom in the past has referred to you as a "brother" hurts worse. Never again will I do this.

Posts: 523 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There should be a gentleman’s agreement not to post on others post’s and try to derail a sale or have negative input unless they have had bad dealings with that member. I know for a fact that some of the poster’s here have made way inflated profits on Double Rifles and other guns and ammo does anyone bash them , or just say, good for you! Members should stay out of it , if someone buys them it’s on them.

one of us
Picture of FLGrizzy
posted Hide Post
I apologize to Giraffe Hunter for the derailing on my part

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS !!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There should be a gentleman’s agreement not to post on others post’s and try to derail a sale or have negative input unless they have had bad dealings with that member.

This is my point. If you don't like it MOVE THE F on and start a post about ammo price gouging.

Posts: 3585 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for lively conversation. It is great to be in a place where open conversation can take place without censorship or worse. Even better to be living in a place where we all can sell guns and ammo to each other.

Yes I will make a profit on this if anyone buys. Similar if I was selling Tesla stocks but I would likely be called an investor for that and not a price gouger.

I have no hard feelings toward anyone on this posting it is the internet after all. I am cleaning out my ammo and reloading supplies because the prices are high right now.

If anyone cares, I am putting all the money towards a 2 week tour of the west this fall ending in my first pronghorn hunt in Wyoming. This is a trip I have been wanting for 10 years. This box of 22's would pay for a couple of tanks of gas and will not make or break me.

As far as the price, We are still in a relative free market and the price is still $100 or I will entertain all reasonable offers. It would be best to send a PM if interested.

Thank you all and have a great day.

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 270 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Giraffe:

Wow, what a classy post. I wish You well with your trip out west. Best of luck with your sale.

Posts: 1968 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
I apologize to any and all of whom I offended here. I typically do not post negative comments and instead I just move on.
I have just been tired of seeing outlandish prices on everything related to shooting everywhere and just couldn't help myself and for a lack of gentlemanly conduct I posted something I regret and apologize for doing it so take it as what it is.
Carry on gentlemen.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground.

Posts: 2531 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wizard78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
If these are going for 100$ I will bring a dozen bricks to the gun show in a week. Wow!

Sadly, most of the places in the lower 48 are selling (if they actually have stock) for $80 to $140 per brick! I have a bunch from years back when the CMP put out cases and right now, I wouldn't sell any unless to a friend and I would rather just give a brick or two rather than feel guilty for selling at that price.
Many other calibers are at least 100% to 500% above pre covid prices. shocker

Posts: 1377 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The easiest way to refute ads like this, if that's what you want to do, is to just offer to sell the same or similar item for what you feel is a reasonable price.

Do any of you guys have .22 ammo for a reasonable price? There's a lot of guys looking, you could do a brisk business if you have some, and are willing to let it go.

If you have ammo of your own that you're willing to sell cheap, I commend you. But, trying to make other guys sell cheap when you're unwilling or unable to, doesn't make any sense to me.

Posts: 876 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whos to say what is gouging , you? Barrrrrack Obumyou?
You guys sound like democrats
Leave the man and his post alone

Who cares what he wants ,just move on

Posts: 729 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
G H, good luck with your sale, and thank you for the great post you made!

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FLGrizzy:
JBrown.... it can be looked at many ways. All I said is it’s “sad and Ridiculous “
Meaning that we go through this ah/t almost every time elections or gun legislation happens.

That is why I began with "If I understand correctly...". It seems that these internet dustups often start as simple misunderstandings. I had a simple(?) question about panic buying/selling.

I misunderstood you. I agree 100% with your above quote.

And to those upset about this discussing this on Giraffe Hunter's ad, just remember that we are keeping it at the top of the page for him. Best of luck to him on his trip out West. Antelope in Wyoming is a special hunt.

And as much as we disagree with each other here on AR, it is a real blessing that Saeed has allowed us to build the type of community where we normally keep it respectful. That is rare on the internet these days.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 5760 | Location: The North Slope, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The way the Federals shoot I'm my rifle, I'd be tempted to sell what I have if I can get there kind of money for them.

Posts: 65 | Location: Fouke, Ark. | Registered: 06 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Giraffe:

Wow, what a classy post. I wish You well with your trip out west. Best of luck with your sale.

Absolutely.

I hope you (Giraffe Hunter) have a great trip to Wyoming...and a fun vacation afterwards!!!

Best of luck!

Justin

Posts: 3119 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Bump to the top

If you don't want it....don't buy it

Posts: 7237 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
giraffe hunter

Come out to Cody toward jellystone and I'll point you toward some antelope and other critters

Posts: 77 | Location: Cody, Wyoming | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Giraffe:

Absolutely.

I hope you (Giraffe Hunter) have a great trip to Wyoming...and a fun vacation afterwards!!!

Best of luck!

Justin
+1

Posts: 102 | Location: Hickory, PA | Registered: 13 May 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
So what is the cheapest way everyone has found for shipping ammo? Sucks to sell 1 box and find out that UPS wants $23 to ship. Luckily right now most of my local gun stores are buying and re-selling peoples unwanted ammo..so that is an option

Posts: 3119 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
So what is the cheapest way everyone has found for shipping ammo? Sucks to sell 1 box and find out that UPS wants $23 to ship. Luckily right now most of my local gun stores are buying and re-selling peoples unwanted ammo..so that is an option

Sucks worse to look for match-grade 22 LR, nobody stocks it and we're not allowed to buy on internet any longer...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12474 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its time to put on your big boy pants, He has every right in the world to sell at his price, you have the right to buy or not buy...It just has to be that way...In this case I will pass and wish him luck..

Saeed should have a $5.00 fine for whining!!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 37617 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:

Sucks worse to look for match-grade 22 LR, nobody stocks it and we're not allowed to buy on internet any longer...

That is one of the things that Biden had said that he wanted to do(stop all online sales of guns/gun parts/ammo) but has that been passed?

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Price seems a bit high for current conditions, at least around here, but not much.

I just bought 650 rounds of Federal Gold Medal Match .22 LR last week in the Amoskeag auction for $99.88, including buyer's premium.

Might not like it, but sure can't change it.

Mike

Edited on advice of counsel.

Posts: 11270 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If its high selling and you don't have what you need, my take on the matter is pay and be done with it,,Ive done some of that lately...I think its the american way, called capitalism and it works pretty good...Ive gotten some great deals and Ive taken a few shot in the shorts! rotflmo Hasn't killed me yet..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 37617 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:

That is one of the things that Biden had said that he wanted to do(stop all online sales of guns/gun parts/ammo) but has that been passed?

Been that way in Kali for a while now. I'm sure the D rats are trying to do something similar on the federal level.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
True. As I have stated before, I am in accord with capitalism however I am not in accord with fxxxing your fellow shooters. But then we seem to go through this same insanity every election cycle.

................These guys must wear a mask when they pass the church!
......................................................................... 2020 old MacD37

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14557 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These comments tho..... LOL. nilly

Posts: 246 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote