The Accurate Reloading Forums
Good midrange load for 115Gr FMJ bullets in 9mm

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/8771021162

10 August 2020, 18:41
SSI01
Good midrange load for 115Gr FMJ bullets in 9mm
Greetings to all. My first post in search of a comprehensible answer. I have a Dillon 550C which just got the finishing touches in set up. I will be reloading a number of calibers but right now 9mm is the subject.

I have 115Gr FMJ projectiles I want to load into various 9mm brass obtained from Diamond K. Powder - Unique. Weapons to be used w/this ammo - Ruger P85; Beretta M9; Honor Arms 9mm Honor Guard single-stack 8-shot made in Georgia. Primary use for the rounds - target and recreational shooting. I am NOT a competitor. I'd like the projectile to travel with a reasonable - but NOT a jacket-stripping - speed to the target, I'm not out to shoot a buffalo with any of the above firearms. Does anyone have any experience with this powder, and this bullet, in combo?
14 August 2020, 00:46
hivelosity
SS Looks like we are going to have to do some experiminting with known loads This is the go to load for Unique. 5 grains of Unique with 124 grain Hornady XTP bullets and CCI primers
9mm Bullets are hard to come by here in Northeast Ohio. i ordered a .356, 6 cav. 125 lee mold Ill switch over to lead round nose Reddot look good starts at 3.9 as does win 231 . starting load is 4.7 grs...