The Accurate Reloading Forums
Brass tumblers

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/6741002452

20 September 2019, 21:03
ronco
Brass tumblers
How long do you keep your brass in a tumber with the media? I usually leave it running about a 1/2 after firing and about 1 hour after lubing and sizing. I use ground walnut hulls with additive.
20 September 2019, 22:24
Saeed
We only clean really dirty brass, and use steel media and liquid cleaner.

Works much better than any crushed media we used to use before.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
20 September 2019, 23:09
Lamar
1.5 hrs [ish] wet or dry.
21 September 2019, 17:42
ronco
Thanks for the replies.
21 September 2019, 18:34
Michael Michalski
Been known to forget and leave the tumbler running all night with walnut media. No apparent ill effects.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran
21 September 2019, 19:41
Slowpoke Slim
I have frequently run mine overnight to clean large batches of dirty brass. Been doing it that way for decades.

Doesn't hurt a thing.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor
21 September 2019, 21:07
Luckyducker
I run my tumbler with corn cob media and a little Nu-finish car wax until the brass shines, might take a few hours or all day and have ran it two days but I don't leave it run at night. Just depends on how tarnished they get.

Dennis
Life member NRA
21 September 2019, 22:11
Atkinson
Mostly over night with walnut shells but been using the same walnut shells for a couple of years!! takes longer to polish the brass..I only clean, not really interested in bright and shiny and I only clean dirty brass..I use the viberating RCBS cleaner..

Any pros and cons on the viberating cleaner vs. the tumbler would be appreciated..Ive never used any other cleaner in the last 40 or so years, so update me.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com
23 September 2019, 21:25
ronco
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Michalski:
Been known to forget and leave the tumbler running all night with walnut media. No apparent ill effects.

Yeah, I've done that more than I care to admit. Thanks to all that have left comments.