The Accurate Reloading Forums
Opinions on easiest/fastest most user friendly case trimmer?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/5231092932

02 March 2018, 22:52
Pegleg
Opinions on easiest/fastest most user friendly case trimmer?
Ted- No it doesn't

The only easy day is yesterday!
07 March 2018, 04:02
TMDJAGER
Depends on how you wish to trim. For trimming standard calibers back to SAMMI length I use a Lee Deluxe Quick Trim with the correct die and total cost is about $30. Has worked flawlessly and is idiot proof. I use it for all my BN cases.

It's not vary glamorous, but it works great.
07 March 2018, 05:40
INTJ
For pure case trimming I use a manual RCBS Case Trimmer II with the spring loaded handle and universal head. It is fast and accurate when you use good technique.

However, I hear that Henderson Precision is the way to go:

https://www.hendersonprecision...ri-trim-case-trimmer
07 March 2018, 16:01
sambarman338
You've got me looking deeply into this stuff.

I need a case trimmer particularly for the .45-70 but one that can can be made to reduce the length by an extra 1mm (to cope with a very short throat in my new Win 86).

Things like the Lee Quick Trim and Dead On case trimmer appeal but I notice they seem to need special dies for each calibre. This would be OK for the .45-70 but I also have a number of off-beat or obsolete calibres, like the 6.5x54MS, 270 WSM, 375 Win and .450/.400 3", and worry about the availability (if not cost) of getting extra dies for all of them.

Is this the advantage of the old lathe-like trimmers, that if enough shellholders and spuds can be found, they are more adaptable?

If so, which ones offer the most reliable coverage? As mentioned, I took a Forster trimmer back because the largest dealer around could not get me those items even for a common round like the 338WM.
07 March 2018, 19:14
ted thorn
The Lyman has a universal holder and will hold just about anything

07 March 2018, 19:53
Reloader270
The Lee case pilot and trimmer works the best for me. Easy to use and all cases are cut exactly the same length.