The Accurate Reloading Forums
Components

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2511043/m/2131049852

20 April 2020, 01:42
Michael Michalski
Components
Anyone know where I can find some small pistol primers and 9mm 124g jacketed bullets?

Yeah, I know I should have horded after the last shortage. Slow learner I guess.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran
20 April 2020, 02:01
Smokin Joe
Powder Valley

https://www.powdervalleyinc.co...ng-supplies/primers/
20 April 2020, 05:54
Michael Michalski
Thank you Smokin Joe. Ordered primers; no 9mm bullets in stock.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran
20 April 2020, 22:58
Stonecreek
Guns only come in three categories: Those designed for shooting animals, those designed for shooting targets, and those designed for shooting people.

I'm unaware of a firearm chambered for 9mm Parabellum designed for anything other than shooting people. How many bullets could you possibly anticipate needing for that task?

I think I have a couple of partial boxes of 9mm's sitting somewhere in my bullet bins. If I can dig them out would you like me to send them to you? I'll be glad to do so, but first please furnish me with a list of the people you plan on shooting with them, or at least a description of the category of people you anticipate needing shot and their approximate numbers.
21 April 2020, 00:43
Michael Michalski
Stonecreek, I want to shoot a very old (antique?) Browning HI Power. Thinking I may want to carry it, some practice should be helpful. Probably start with antiques and work from there. OK?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran
21 April 2020, 02:39
Smokin Joe
quote:
Guns only come in three categories: Those designed for shooting animals, those designed for shooting targets, and those designed for shooting people.

I'm unaware of a firearm chambered for 9mm Parabellum designed for anything other than shooting people. How many bullets could you possibly anticipate needing for that task?

I think I have a couple of partial boxes of 9mm's sitting somewhere in my bullet bins. If I can dig them out would you like me to send them to you? I'll be glad to do so, but first please furnish me with a list of the people you plan on shooting with them, or at least a description of the category of people you anticipate needing shot and their approximate numbers.

??? Confused
21 April 2020, 03:18
tanks
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Michalski:
Thank you Smokin Joe. Ordered primers; no 9mm bullets in stock.

Try Berry's. They are plated, not jacketed but very good bullets.

https://www.berrysmfg.com/cate...ts/plated-pistol/9mm
21 April 2020, 03:21
tanks
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:

People shoot 9mm in Production and Carry Optics divisions of USPSA. I have friends that shoot 50K+ rounds a year in practice. Same guns are also designed to shoot people (hence, Production division).
21 April 2020, 03:43
bradhe
Check with Montana Gold. Very good bullets. I just got 8000 124g 9mm JHP delivered a few days ago
21 April 2020, 03:50
dpcd
I shoot 9mm just to make holes in targets and hear them go bang, and to get all the holes together. I have zero intention of shooting any people with my 9mms.
Sounds like a liberal anti gunner poster.
21 April 2020, 04:34
richj
I run a range (paper punchers) and can tell you that 90% of the members own 9mm. The rest are 45acp and 22.

Only the active duty and retired cops carry.
21 April 2020, 05:22
john c.
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I shoot 9mm just to make holes in targets and hear them go bang, and to get all the holes together. I have zero intention of shooting any people with my 9mms.
Sounds like a liberal anti gunner poster.

the voice of wisdom and reason. i carry a 45acp. it must be a reject cause all its shot so far is paper and steel.
22 April 2020, 04:59
John A.
quote:

Troll much?
22 April 2020, 06:21
Smokin Joe

22 April 2020, 13:00
Saeed
quote:

Not a very good description of guns at all!

We shoot 9mm all the time, as well as other pistol calibers.

At targets, and have absolutely no wish or desire to shoot at people.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
22 April 2020, 13:10
Sevastopol
quote:

You are trying to appeal to the Anti-Trump crowd, but that is not as clear as you would think on this forum.
22 April 2020, 18:23
Stonecreek
I stand corrected! I was wrong about 9mm Parabellum ammunition. It has disappeared from all the shelves because target shooters are hoarding all of it.
23 April 2020, 00:16
ZekeShikar
I don't really target shoot with my 9's, although it will punch paper if needed. Nor do I hunt with them or shoot people but it seems that, by shear round count, it's the very most popular firearm that I have.

I guess I'd categorize it as a fun plinking gun.

I would never deny someone of their opinion, however.

Zeke
15 May 2020, 21:21
Michael Michalski
Stonecreek, I'm still waiting for those "couple of boxes" of 9mm bullets you promised.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran