The Accurate Reloading Forums
Pictures or ideas on using Warthog tusks

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1821043/m/9461074052

09 March 2019, 03:36
s goldsmith
Pictures or ideas on using Warthog tusks
I was hoping that those on this site might be able to provide some ideas. I specifically accumulated about 8-10 large tusks with the original idea of making a bow rack. Those items that I have seen are pretty straight forward and do not excite me enough to replicate. Has anyone done a really attractive project with warthog tusks that I might copy off of, and make use of this box of stuff sitting under my desk?
17 July 2019, 01:49
tom ferry
I have had several knives made out of them that turned out nice
26 July 2019, 00:26
Rug
I have 8 sets on a 5 foot board they are glued to the board laying flat like horseshoes (meaning tips upward bases together) It looks good as the board is oak stained dark. i used liquid nails to glue them .Also fill the hollow bases with silicone or wax they will crack over time. Good luck
11 December 2019, 19:45
MacD37
Wart hog tusks are true ivory, and make very good night flip up front sights for double rifles for going into dark places in follow-ups where light is dim. They do not yellow!

I have magnifying glasses with handles that are large warthog tusks.

...…………………………...…………...…. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

16 January 2020, 22:24
Charlie64

Always great as a coffee table piece if you cant find anything else to use them for!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"
25 April 2020, 16:19
Hunt Inter
Seen them filled and then used as bottle openers. Makes nice little gifts too.
25 April 2020, 17:24
Zephyr
What Charlie64 says ...
I have them laying around in their respective groups of 4 coffee table book shelves they are just fun to look at or pick up..
29 April 2020, 04:44
s goldsmith
Thank you for a few more suggestions. Curiously there have been a pretty small number of ideas over a long time. I am still holding out for something "special".