The Accurate Reloading Forums
Mould handles

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1811043/m/51410348

06 December 2002, 06:16
Speedwayrobert
Mould handles
Can someone tell me if Lyman mould handles for either the four cavity or large two cavity moulds fit a five cavity Saeco mould?
06 December 2002, 11:49
arkypete
Speedwayrobert
I've got 6, or so, four cavity Lyman molds and a like number of Saeco 4 cavity molds. I've never tried to make old style Lyman mold handles fit Saeco mold blocks. I think the old style Lyman handles are too thin.
I'm not sure if the new style Lyman handles will work, either. From what I can see the new Lyman handles are made by the same people who make the handles for Saeco.
Jim
13 December 2002, 18:11
Wstrnhuntr
Im trying to gather some equipment on a limited budget to begin casting myself. Can anyone tell me if Lee handles will work on a Lyman double cavity mold?
13 December 2002, 18:28
aladin
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
Im trying to gather some equipment on a limited budget to begin casting myself. Can anyone tell me if Lee handles will work on a Lyman double cavity mold?

Can't answer the Q exactly, but I do this. I have Lachmiller handles which are thinner than the groove in RCBS or similar molds. I mount the handles with the screws, shim the blocks to one side and pour alloy into that recess while making sure the blocks are closed securely. I don't see why you couldn't do the same with Lee handles on Lyman blocks... Could send you a pic of how it looks if you want.