The Accurate Reloading Forums
Hog (Deer) Corn

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1621043/m/8161009072

31 May 2022, 19:52
Kensco
Hog (Deer) Corn
What is the availability of deer corn currently? What is corn selling for, and does a man do better pricewise buying deer corn from a Cabela's or Bass Pro, or from a small town feed store? Last time I bought any, I think I paid about $10.00 a bag.
01 June 2022, 15:36
p dog shooter
If you can find a farm direct source the price is often better.
02 June 2022, 01:45
Kensco
Went with convenience. I stopped by Cabela's and picked up four bags. The 40# bag was still $10, same as last year.
02 June 2022, 12:23
georgeld
Cheaper by the ton!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
03 June 2022, 02:50
Kensco
A gift of four bags will be appreciated. I'm not sure 50 bags of corn would be as well received, plus a little hard to carry in the back of the SUV, but I have no doubt you are right about the price.
03 June 2022, 06:19
Live Oak
Local Coop has corn going for $20 a hundred. Some of it has not been the best quality but it's just going on the ground! Yes George bulk is cheaper but recleaned is harder to find in bulk!
07 June 2022, 06:48
dustoffer
My local mill folks retired and have not looked for another source. I would put a spare plastic trash bin in the truck, fill it with about 600 lbs +/- and always beat the per bag cost per pound. But that meant I had to dip it out of the trash bin, then get it from the truck to the feeder and then carry it up the ladder to dump. 10 years ago I thought it was a deal, now my 76-y.o. back isn't so sure.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"