The Accurate Reloading Forums
no pig, but

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1621043/m/1921032172

29 June 2022, 06:48
Live Oak
no pig, but
As dry as it has been ( we got rain yesterday and today!!!) you would think the pigs would be hitting the feeders. Not so. I guess I killed all the dumb ones. The cut ants have taken over the feeders at the wife's place. Sat the other night to let them get out fully, so as to poison them. Feeder went off the deer were there!! Two coons were there soon after. The deer tried to stomp them before I could get a shot. I let the deer thin out and the coons showed back up. 375 Ruger!

Also about million cut ants!!!!
30 June 2022, 11:04
georgeld
Beats shooting holes in paper all to hell.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
01 July 2022, 08:33
NormanConquest
Have you considered putting your feeders legs in metal quart juice cans + filling them with water or oil?

Never mistake motion for action.
02 July 2022, 01:44
Live Oak
Best way is to hang the feeder so the raccoons can not reach the spinner. They will still climb the legs, mess with the camera, and or try to open the lights battery box! I built the legs for the winch. Heavy steel plate on top with a "eye" bolt through it. Shot two off the very top standing up! They are not you friends!
04 July 2022, 00:42
dustoffer
I have "manufactured" cages from wire mesh (small 1x2" mesh) that go around the feeder barrel and hang about 6-8" below the spinner plate. the distance away keeps them from getting their little coon arms to the spinner. works for me. doesn't keep 'em from eating the corn on the ground, but Duke's Dog Proof traps takes care of most of them.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"