The Accurate Reloading Forums
input please - clearing through Baltimore

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/667103394

10 June 2006, 18:33
oupa
input please - clearing through Baltimore
OK, my latest trophies are finally ready to ship. Searched the posts on clearing through BWI but its all a bit dated. Can anyone provide information on recent experience, agents, self clearing, etc...?
Thanks!

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.
11 June 2006, 23:04
Tim Carney
I've cleared through BWI. It was a three stage process. Went into my broker in downtown Baltimore and got the documents. Then out to BWI to the Fish and Wildlife Service Office where Inspector Cockey is in charge. NOTE: The FWS office is closed over the lunch period (12-1, if I recall). Once documents are stamped and the Inspector's questions answered, off to the appropriate terminal at BWI which is located close to the FWS and other offices and take delivery. Whole thing took maybe four hours, but I had to stay for lunch as my timing hit FWS during their lunch period.
Regards, Tim
12 June 2006, 01:45
oupa
Who was the broker?

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.
12 June 2006, 16:13
patrkyhntr
The last time, I used Keystone Fur Dressing (Mike Showers) in Aspers, PA. He is a licensed importer with a quarantine facility.

Keystone Fur Dressing website

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!
12 June 2006, 22:01
Tim Carney
Used Pride International, 2200 Broening Hwy, Suite 241, Baltimore, MD 21224
tel. 410 6330033 and believe that LindaLou is the very knowledgeable staffer on game trophies.
Regards
14 June 2006, 20:34
Hutty
I cleared them myself last time in Baltimore. If you are importing items for a non commercial, perosnal use you do not need a broker. Myself and several friends have cleared our shipments, takes a few hours but everyone there was very helpful.

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense