The Accurate Reloading Forums
I've Been to the Mountaintop!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/470103413

02 September 2005, 02:13
floridabigfish
I've Been to the Mountaintop!
BRAVO.......... clap

Florida...where you have to go north to get south.
02 September 2005, 05:41
Frank Martinez
Once again I would like to thank you for the time you spend with us.
Frank
10 February 2007, 03:50
Cokdnloded
This one can now be rated as a classic. thumb
10 February 2007, 06:43
Doc52
Ernest!
Your The MAN!!!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759
10 February 2007, 06:43
JohnHunt
wow! Eeker
10 February 2007, 06:51
RM007
Outstanding! For a moment I was there, beside you as the lions came in.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV
10 February 2007, 21:19
joec
JudgeG

My words could not do this story justice. Fantastic!!!!!!!
03 September 2008, 05:46
JudgeG
Twice today, I had a querry about this thread. One, an AR guy was asking about the hunt area for a contemplated safari and I was also asked by another retired judge if I had ever been scared in Africa.

I sent a copy of this thread by e-mail to her and thought that some of the folks, new to the forum and contemplating a safari, might enjoy reading why we pay hard-earned money to go... so... btt.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.
03 September 2008, 05:54
JBoutfishn
quote:
I was also asked by another retired judge if I had ever been scared in Africa.

God I hope so thumb

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

03 September 2008, 06:04
jetdrvr
I was sitting here absolutely miserable because I have to wait a year to go back, and then I found this.

Thanks for taking me back, if even for a few minutes. A great story, beautifully written.
03 September 2008, 06:27
bull1
Judge G

Good to see you're back to making some posts again. Hope you're doing well. Will you be going back to the Selous this year?

Bull1
03 September 2008, 06:43
JudgeG
This year, I took my daughters on a wonderful trip, first doing the tourist thing in Dubai, then hunting in South Africa and finally visiting Victoria Falls, river rafting, walking with the lions, eating too well, etc. We stayed at the posh Victoria Falls Hotel.... only to have heart problems when I came back... but I'm about well and went back to work today!

I don't know when I'll be back in the Selous with a zillion dollars in medical bills pending... but I'll get there. Africa is too much of my life to not go again.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.
03 September 2008, 06:57
Palmer
I was in Pierres camp soon after Judge G's safari that year. Having read his report on AR I printed it off and took it with me.

At a sundowner the first night I pulled out the copy and asked Pierre's wife to read it. When she finished there was a long silence then Pierr'e, while staring into the fire, quietly said "and thats the way it was".

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman
03 September 2008, 07:12
BEGNO
WOW, incredible. Now I know I will go to the Selous sooner than later.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)
03 September 2008, 07:12
.366torque
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
only to have heart problems when I came back... but I'm about well and went back to work today!

Your heart knew where it belongs, it must have been expressing it's sadness at leaving.
03 September 2008, 07:48
retreever
I had the privledge to chase buffalo there also... As it says I've been to the mountaintop... Chased buf up and across and down the otherside... Pierre told me, " Mike this is where Judge and I stood back to back and faced the lions..."

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars
03 September 2008, 11:14
BigFiveJack
The opening post is an experience
to dream of..... salute

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

03 September 2008, 11:25
mouse93
True - tho it would count as a nightmare in my book - cojones stuff thumb