The Accurate Reloading Forums
Picatinny rail size?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/132105729/m/8131028502

17 November 2014, 03:46
Peter
Picatinny rail size?
Sorry guys, I need to show my ignorance again. What is the size of a Picatinny rail? Looking on EBay I see scope rings that fit 20mm and 21mm Picatinny rails. Which one do I need for an AR 10 style gun? I just picked up a scope with a 30mm tube, so I need new rings.
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
17 November 2014, 21:18
HPMaster
Wasn't aware that there were varieties of Pic specs.....

The 1913 rail is the Nato spec rail- not sure of any variations.

Maybe the rails in question are slanted rails and the 20/21 numbers indicating MOA of super-elevation?

Let us know....
19 November 2014, 13:57
7mmfreak
M-1913 Rail Specs
30 November 2014, 04:40
Peter
7mm agreed. Weaver mounts will fit the Picatinny rails but not vice versa. having said that, most mounts on the market seem to be of the Weaver/Picatinny variety. That is what I ordered.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
29 December 2014, 02:36
dpcd
Picatinny rails are nothing but a Weaver copy with some specs put on the slots so mounts would be a standard size. Nothing more. I know many of the engineers at Picatinny Arsenal.