Ladies and Gentlemen,
Received this from Afton Guest House.
NEW PROCEDURE FOR HUNTERS ARRIVING AT JIA WITH FIREARMS:
JIA= Johannesburg International Airport
SAPS= South African Police Services
The new SAPS import and export firearms office is now open.
It's located in the International Arrivals Terminal on the landside, between the Banks and the Post Office, between Terminals A1 and A2.
It's also opposite the sign board Food Court and Banks.
1. On arrival at Johannesburg International Airport, on an International flight, passengers proceed to Immigration.
2. Once you have cleared Immigration you go to baggage claim to the carrousel to pick up your luggage.
YOU WILL NOT COLLECT YOUR GUN CASE / FIREARMS HERE, AS THE SECURITY COMPANY (SECURICOR) WILL TAKE IT TO THE SAPS.
Check your bags against your luggage tag, and keep the tag for the Gun case / Firearms separate, as you will need it when you enter the SAPS office.
3. Proceed to clear Customs.
Exit Customs through the Red Channel into the General Meeting Area and go straight to the SAPS import and export firearms office.
If you arrive on a SAA flight from Atlanta, Washington, New York, etc. it will be on your right hand side as you will be coming out of Terminal A2.
If you arrive on KLM, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Air France or Lufthansa it will be on your left hand side, as you will be coming out of Terminal A1.
4. Please take note: The SAPS check the Firearms and issue the Firearm Import/Export Permits, not Customs.
5. When you enter the SAPS office, please ensure that you have all the needed documents ready.
Present your luggage tag for your Gun case / firearms to the SAPS.
They will then deliver your Gun case / firearms to you. (Securicor will deliver firearms through the back entrance of the SAPS office).
6. Hunters with pre-arrange permits must tell the SAPS officers that they have a pre-approved Import / Export permit.
7. Afton Guest House representative will be waiting for Afton's Guests just outside Customs. We will direct them to the New SAPS import and export firearms office.
If you need any assistance at any time please do not hesitate to contact me
at: 083-444-4432, 011-391-4393, 011-972-5259 or 011-972-4753,
For pre-arrange firearms permits use Edo at www.riflepermits.com
There is no need for a Meet and assist anymore, as the New SAPS office is on the landside and not on the airside anymore.
Louis and Annelise
As a reminder:
You still have to sign for your firearms (you will need your passport) with the security company before you leave the baggage claim area. Unlike previous years, the security company will not accompany you with your firearms to the SAPS Office - instead they will take your firearms to the SAPS Office via a back way.
You must then go through the RED Customs Lane and declare that you are importing firearms (also check "Yes" on your Customs Declaration Form where it asks if you are importing restricted items).
If you haven't used a service to acquire your Firearms Permit in advance, then you must have copies of the following to accompany your SAPS 520 application.
Before presenting the SAPS 520 application form (completed in black ink) the applicant MUST present the following documents:
1. Passport (copy of photo page).
2. Copy of return airline ticket.
3. Copy of firearm license or proof of ownership (for US citizens: Customs Form 4457).
4. Copy of proof of export from country of origin (for US citizens: Customs Form 4457).
5. Copy of Invitation Letter from Outfitter (professional hunter with his outfitter number and license).
|Powered by Social Strata|
Visit our on-line store for AR Memorabilia