The Accurate Reloading Forums
Re: Archery Newbie

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1021043/m/932102421

25 September 2004, 11:48
bfrshooter
Re: Archery Newbie
I had a rough job, 8 years of pulling aircraft fuel hoses and 34 years of loading bags and mail in airplane pits while on my knees. I always had elbow and shoulder problems. By shooting my bows, all of the pain would go away and I never tore a rotator cuff at work because of good shoulder strength. In my years, I can't count the torn rotators among fellow workers.
Archery WILL help you.
26 September 2004, 10:52
bfrshooter
Plinker, yes I have heard of it. What did they make? I retired and seem to have more work now. I will never figure out how I did everything before going to work. Some days I just quit and load ammo or shoot my bows. Never learned how to sit and relax.
18 September 2004, 12:21
amosgreg
Plinker,
Welcome to the addiction
As for the bow shooting better at peak weight ... it used to be the case but I find each bow to behave differently just like gunsand ammo, in that some prefer a slightly lower draw weight than max for best performance. Now I am not saying minimum weight will be best but each has it's own sweetspot. Now keep in mind when you increase the draw weight you might have to make a change to the arrows you are shooting and most likly a change to the nock point as increasing the draw weight will change the string length and placement on the cams.

Enjoy and congratulations on finally getting into archery!!!!!