The Accurate Reloading Forums
Shot my Bow Today

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1021043/m/6171043291

10 September 2013, 04:21
N E 450 No2
Shot my Bow Today
Well I have been lazy, and I have not shot my bow in at least 2 or almost 3 years. Shame on me.

But I got it out today and I just fired a few shots. It is Mathews DXT set at 66, or 68 lbs if I remember corrrectly. The sight is the HHA single pin, that you adjust the distance like a ballistic cam on a rifle. Arrows are the Easton skinny Carbon fiber.
I did kill a doe and a nice 8 Pt Buck 3 years ago at 24 and 25 yards with it.

I plan on deer, turkey and pig hunting with it this year.

I started shooting at 20 yards. I am going to shoot a few shots several times durring the next few days, then when I am perfectly dialed in, move to 25 yards and repeat, out to 40 yards. I hope to feel confident to take a shot at 30 yards, by hunting season.

I have two targets, one for field points and one for broadheads. after I get pretty well dialed in at 20 yards with field points I will shoot some broadheads, at each range before I move back. When I say "dialed in" I men when I am dialed in, the bow shoots very well.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY
10 September 2013, 18:48
JCHB
There is not much that can beat the satisfaction of stalking and taking game at close range with archery gear. Good luck and straight shooting!
JCHB