The Accurate Reloading Forums
What broadhead for super slim carbon arrrows?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1021043/m/448107655

20 October 2006, 19:24
gixxer
What broadhead for super slim carbon arrrows?
So, I had been thinking about trying those super slim Easton axis arrows, bought a couple(have not shot em yet), and was wondering, what do I load up on the front of this thing? Let's say one concern I have is practicing with broadheads that have a shaft thicker than the arrow, talk about a pain in the butt removing arrows from the target. I do know that adapter rings do exist, I have never tried em. Comments?
20 October 2006, 19:32
Don_G
Mine go through every target I own, so I can either pull them on through (if the fletches are buried) or unscrew the head.

Sorry, no help. Let me know what you do, though.

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!
20 October 2006, 19:37
Tx6BR
I've been shooting Axis 400's for awhile now. I shoot only field tips on them. I still prefer my fatter Gold Tips for broadheads. They shoot the same as the GT's. GT's are cheaper but I got the Axis off of a friend for a real good deal. Doubt that I buy anymore.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff
20 October 2006, 20:00
gixxer
I had considered chucking the BH shaft up in a dremel or drill press and hit the thickest part of the shaft with a piece of sandpaper. Just enough to get it even with the arrow. It would be even better if I could chuck it up in a lathe, but I dont own one. I doubt that I would remove enough material to upset the balance. I guess I could buy some extra shafts, experiment and shoot em. I do need to take my arrows back, they glued the inserts in wrong, my field tips do not bottom out on the arrowshaft.