New
Find
Notify
Tools

585 Nyati Login/Join

one of us
Picture of WaffenfabrikHein
posted
We are currently working on a new size of our N-Series Action, suited for the 585 Nyati. Below are several pictures. This Action has an .812 diameter bolt, and as you can see, is scaled up to handle this cartridge, and allow for proper feeding. In the background is a Pre-64, M70 for reference.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Karl,
will this take the 550mag?

heh.. the finish looks a little grainly.. why don't you send me the g-code and *I* will try it..

just kidding
jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38404 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Karl,
will this take the 550mag?

heh.. the finish looks a little grainly.. why don't you send me the g-code and *I* will try it..

just kidding
jeffe

Jeffe,
That one is too big for the 550 Mag, it fits on our N-5 action. Just a note, that is the as machined rough outside finish, it will get surface ground after heat treat.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaffenfabrikHein:
We are currently working on a new size of our N-Series Action, suited for the 585 Nyati. Below are several pictures. This Action has an .812 diameter bolt, and as you can see, is scaled up to handle this cartridge, and allow for proper feeding. In the background is a Pre-64, M70 for reference.

THAT'S AWESOME!!!! thumb I'm glad to see rifle builders out there that still has enough interest even though the Ivory Days are over with. clap Could you share what the action's projected cost will be? $2700-$3000 (I was comparing it to your Custom Double Square Bridge)???

"They who would give up an essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security." ---Benjamin Franklin

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could you share what the action's projected cost will be? $2700-$3000 (I was comparing it to your Custom Double Square Bridge)???

quote:
Could you share what the action's projected cost will be? $2700-$3000 (I was comparing it to your Custom Double Square Bridge)???

You are right on the mark. This actions, with the increased work to make all the parts and since the demand will be so low, starts at $2950.00 round bridge.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Karl- What barrel shank dimensions and thread are used with your N-action? -Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robgunbuilder:

While you are at it, what is the MAXIMUM LOADED ROUND LENGTH, or for short, what is the max. length of the inside of the magazine? I have some "things" rolling around in my head. bewildered Though they might be MARBLES. rotflmo

"They who would give up an essential Liberty for Temporary Security, deserves neither Liberty or Security." ---Benjamin Franklin

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Posts: 693 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And Karl how long is present loading port, and action diameter.Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

N-1 through N-4 1"-16 Thread with a with a front ring diameter of 1.34.

N-5 1.125"-16 Thread with a front ring diameter 1.46.

N-585 1.25"-16 Thread with a front ring diameter 1.590.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woodsracer:
quote:

While you are at it, what is the MAXIMUM LOADED ROUND LENGTH, or for short, what is the max. length of the inside of the magazine? I have some "things" rolling around in my head. bewildered Though they might be MARBLES. rotflmo

Ejection Port is 3.425, we are building 2 custom actions with the same width but with an ejection port of 4.00", the magazine box length of 4 inches. We could go as long as 4.25 on a custom action.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ejection Port is 3.425, we are building 2 custom actions with the same width but with an ejection port of 4.00", the magazine box length of 4 inches. We could go as long as 4.25 on a custom action.

Sounds very interesting, and opens some doors for more BIG WILDCATS!!! thumb That could ALMOST house a .50 Peacekeeper or a .408 CheyTac in repeater form!!! Cool Wouldn't that be a HOOT!!! animal

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Karl-Your a good man-Thankyou for the large barrel thread and large action diameter...
Hey jeffe, Neal, Rob,all- here is one we can
put the 700Hubel(the shortened 3.25 in version
of my 700HE) into. Case loaded is 4.0 to
4.25 inches.This what we wanted MRC to do.
Karl could we talk you into .850 bolt on
custom setup for real hairy actinn.Your
od of action is big enough.Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hubel458:
Karl-Your a good man-Thankyou for the large barrel thread and large action diameter...

Ed,
We can build just about anything you want. However, we absorbed the cost of tooling up for this Nyati Action, if you want to go bigger, you need to contact me privately so we can discuss what it would take to do that.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Karl- I wish I had bucks to do it.You will get
a lot of interest even at present size,
from others who have the means, and have
talked about for years of getting something
nice and big for their cartridge ideas.
You've developed a balanced big action,
right barrel thread,action diameter, etc for big cases, which we bigbore nuts appreciate.Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guys built for me a TREASURE, .450 Dakota calibered 5 shot. Synthetic stocked and some nice options added. If I had not been bitten by the BIG Bore Double Rifle Bug I'd keep it for ever. Anyone interested can let me know, it's unfired except for what Karl and Co. did before shipping to me, test firing 16 rounds.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigFiveJack:
These guys built for me a TREASURE, .450 Dakota calibered 5 shot. Synthetic stocked and some nice options added. If I had not been bitten by the BIG Bore Double Rifle Bug I'd keep it for ever. Anyone interested can let me know, it's unfired except for what Karl and Co. did before shipping to me, test firing 16 rounds.

Got a pic to post?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Karl, I don't know if you know what kind of doors you have opened for those with the means. I agree with Ed though! A true to life Mauser with a .850 bolt and a 4.5" OAL magazine well would be a dream come true for me as well. I'd have to spill the "penny jar", but I think it'd be worth it to build a .408 CT or .50 Peacekeeper MAUSER!!! thumb You could then open your business up from a "FINE" rifle only company, to a long range, precision rifle company as well!!! clap

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks exactly like what they show on their site. (Options aside) I dont know how to put a picture into the computer yet, I'll get their though.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
A .850 bolt would be perfect for a 12Ga FH short or .700 varient! Honestely, a .585 NYATI works just fine with a.700 Bolt on a CZ550. It's tough to justify the &2500 price differential for a cartridge like the NYATI. If you make a .850 bolt you open the doors to the really big stuff everybody really wants. We have done and proven the cartridge design, I suggest we collaborate on a action that makes it more than a single shot! I think you'll make more money than you dream possible. Remember, ther is absolutely nothing the .585 Nyati can do that the 12 ga FH short can't exceed.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob has good point.The Nyati won't do anymore
than 550 Mag, to need the dollars being spent.
Won't do as much as 600OK.And these all go into
Enfields, CZs, Rugers,your N5, even Savages.What is needed is an intermediate size between Enfield and a 50cal McBros,
as reasonable as possible, as a lot of guys
wanting to put my 700H 3.25 in an action
do their own work... Your specs are
getting there. At 1.59 diameter, the outside
will do the job, with right bolt diameter.
A lot of high pressure BMG actions are only 1/8 inch bigger,only have barrel threads a little bigger, and like State Arms have held test loads of 400,000 psi.
What I am saying is you don't have to worry about strength, shooting serious cartridges.
And you have put good weight and strength into
the bottom of action full length.Foreign made
actions of the size needed cost much, much
more and most look like hell.
Yours is nice...Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

posted Hide Post
IF THAT ACTION ISN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, YOU MIGHT WANT TO VISIT THIS SITE http://www.enzyte.com/

Posts: 18 | Location: Upper US | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try anything once--Does pill go between
powder and bullet................

MZEE WA SIKU

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

What is needed is an intermediate size between Enfield and a 50cal McBros,
as reasonable as possible, as a lot of guys
wanting to put my 700H 3.25 in an action
do their own work... Your specs are
getting there. At 1.59 diameter, the outside
will do the job, with right bolt diameter.
A lot of high pressure BMG actions are only 1/8 inch bigger,only have barrel threads a little bigger, and like State Arms have held test loads of 400,000 psi.

Yours is nice...Ed.

EXACTLY!!! WELL PUT as usual! Wink Mr. Webber, IMHO, I truly think you would do MUCH better if you did in fact enlarge the action a bit. Lenghten the threaded "ring" area to help hold up heavier barrels, go with a .850 bolt, and a 4.5" inside box magazine dimensions (possibly deep enough to hold 4 .505 Gibbs rounds---at least 3), and I HONESTLY believe that you will be surprised at the demand that this sized repeater would hold! I'm being very serious Karl! A Mauser styled action of this size could be soooooo versatile. Think of a "hunting" version of a .408 CT or a .50 Peacekeeper (I don't mean to sound like a broken record, BTW), or in the hands of another 'smith, a long range repeater version. thumb I still applaud your .585 action, but I think aiming HIGHER would bring in more business that you'd imagine. clap

Only two manufacturers that I know of that make actions for the .408 CheyTac, BAT and EDM ARMS, and neither are the reliable Mauser style. Just for what it is worth. bewildered

I'll shut up now, thanks for listening. cheers lol

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
<waking up>

did someone say .50 meant .850 bolt?

Sounds like something for the 700DA aka.. 700 Hubel short!!

jeffe

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Just a thought but Karl said he can make anything people want. Why don't you put together the specks and put in a group order. Maybe a few orders in had will offset the tooling costs for the changes.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
If you could provide a action with a ,850 bolt, that would take a 1.4X16 or better yet 1.5X16 threaded barrel shank 1.5 inches or longer, action ring 1.75 you have a sale! I'm sure we could put together a group buy of at least 5 if you could keep the cost below $3500 each. One note, the action boltface should be able to handle a rimmed case.-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you could provide a action with a ,850 bolt, that would take a 1.4X16 or better yet 1.5X16 threaded barrel shank 1.5 inches or longer, action ring 1.75 you have a sale! I'm sure we could put together a group buy of at least 5 if you could keep the cost below $3500 each. One note, the action boltface should be able to handle a rimmed case.-Rob

Rob,
You have my attention, If you are serious, please contact me privately.

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't forget a 4.5" OAL Magazine well!!! lol

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
<waking up>

did someone say .50 bolt?

jeffe

Well, I noted the .50 Peacekeeper (scroll down).

It is a .460 WBY necked up to .510 and throated to shoot surplus .50 BMG bullets and was designed by JD Jones.

quote:
.50 Peacekeeper = 88% of a 50 browning from a 23" barrel plus brake in a 13-14 pound rifle. Recoil is not as bad as most 35 pound 50 BMG rifles. It does 2400 FPS with a 650 and 2200+ with a 750 hornady with excellent accuracy.

It looks like it is quite a bit more powder effecient, and would definitely have better barrel life than the BMG. OAL is 4.409" with a 647 gr. BMG bullet. Wink

Looks like LOADS OF FUN to me!!! thumb

Just think, if you keep it under 15.5 lbs, and used the Barnes 647 gr. X bullet for the BMG, you could LEGALLY go elk hunting with it!!! rotflmo

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
woodsracer..
i meant .850 bolt.. for our monster rounds, that are waiting for an action!!!

jeffe

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of woodsracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
woodsracer..
i meant .850 bolt.. for our monster rounds, that are waiting for an action!!!

jeffe

Yes Sir, but a fella can dream can't he??? Wink

"SIC SEMPER TYRANNUS"

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
The .50 peacekeeper is really old news. The 500a2 throated for .50BMG Amax's with a 1:15 twist is far more versatile. Military ball is pretty eratic stuff too. Not very accurate( by design). Moreover, you don't need a big action for a .500a2, any run of the mill CZ550 works just fine.-Rob

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Rob,
of course there's my 500 jeffe, which I cut the throat deep on, to shoot milsurp...

LOL
jeffe

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
I talked to Karl today and he is very willing to make an action capable of handling the 12Ga FH short .700 Hubel/RLG short etc. He said that if he had a FIRM order for 5 actions the cost would be $3500 ea. He would want a 50% deposit for tooling. Folks, I'd be willing to honcho a group buy if you'd like. I'm IN, so we need four others or more. We can handle the details off line.-Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob-Do you know how I can win a lottery..
I am really glad to see a manufacturerer,
work with folks.. hope you can get 4 others.Ed.

MZEE WA SIKU

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I talked to Karl today and he is very willing to make an action capable of handling the 12Ga FH short .700 Hubel/RLG short etc. He said that if he had a FIRM order for 5 actions the cost would be $3500 ea. He would want a 50% deposit for tooling. Folks, I'd be willing to honcho a group buy if you'd like. I'm IN, so we need four others or more. We can handle the details off line.-Rob

Oh man, if I could swing it I would. Just not enough $ for this toy, my wife would kill me.

Rob, I have to put you on ignore, your projects make me want to spend money. Wink

------------------------------------
Add about 360 posts to the total. My username was wiped out with the last board update.

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you for this good news! That will be an excellent DGR and a fun gun all around.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldCenterChurch
posted Hide Post
Damn! That has got to be some bad juju killing a primate!

WAR EAGLE!!

Posts: 71 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,
Should I be buying tooling and steel yet?????? beer

Karl Webber
General Manager
wff Hein Firearms
www.rifleactions.com