Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Word record RED STAG
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted
Is correct the new record is 293 CIC point?
Look here the photo

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unforgetable Hunting
posted Hide Post
This record was shot in a fenced area?

Posts: 599 | Location: Romania, Europe | Registered: 29 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is, this is the ugliest pair of antlers I have ever seen on a red stag.
In my opinion, not much of the elegance and regality usually associated with the royal red stag
Looks like it has a small oak tree growing out of the skull.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truly massive but like has already been said not nice to look at.

Posts: 137 | Location: Central belt Scotland | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Typical New Zealand farmed deer head. Cheque book hunting at its worst.

I had great fun hunting my rat tail 6 point stag - 4 hard days of hunting in wet weather, I slipped & fell a few times. Finally I roared up to him at about 200 meters and pushed him away down a gully. Then I climbed up a ridge & caught him coming around. One shot with my Sako 6.5X55 and he was down!

The stag in this photo is like shooting goats on a friend's farm.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Impressive but definitely ugly IMO.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
MMMHHHHH my first question was, exactly, where this red deer has been hunted?

As I already wrote in another topic, I love to hunt aborigine animals and trophies in theyr countries.

I know that red deer and chamois has been introduced in NZ in a far past, but red deer is European and I love to hunt it in Europe.

In any case impressive, but I would like to see the CIC file that trace the record.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10.3 thanks for sharing it. Incredible head.

I think some of the comments are a bit premature. The views on beauty are pretty much a mirror of what was posted about an enormous roe head a while back. I defy anyone not to jump up and down like a lunatic having shot a stag like this!

one of us
posted Hide Post
1894 - There is no way I would refuse to shoot this if it stepped out while deer stalking on the basis of 'beauty'. It is a monster.

It is the fact that it has almost certainly been raised in an enclosure and selectively bred from 'big antler' lines and possibly even fed a high-protein diet to improve antler growth....prior to being released on a 'hunting estate' that makes it a freak head and nothing else, certainly not a hunting trophy.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
It is 293 CIC and it's shot by mr. Pero J. from Croatia.
I didn't want to post this here because Pero is a friend of mine and after he shot a stag he sent MMS to few of us to share his happiness.
However, the stag is from fenced area in NZ and it won't be in CIC or SCI books because it is not wild animal.
Here you can order one of these http://www.deergeneticsnz.co.nz/
they'll put them in the fence and it's yours for pile of money. These stags have names and their documents but hidden from a hunter. NZ offers much more than fenced stags.

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have seen emails offering animals like this - guaranteed to be the new SCI #1 for some rediculous price.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66766 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1894mk2, since the cost of that kind of trophy is certainly astronomical, for the same high amount of money I would much prefer to stalk 2 or 3 (or 4?) nice, regular 12-14 pointers. It's a matter of personal taste, of course; moreover, Artemis' post definitely enforces my opinion.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old story. And a little sad too. More or less 10 years ago I was involved in a search for a client who could wish to "hunt" a red deer raised in an enclosure and selectively bred from 'big antler' lines and possibly even fed a high-protein diet and hormones to improve antler growth....prior to being released on a 'hunting estate' as Bog* (Hi Bog) wrote.

It always lived in a fenced area, it was a possible #1 at that time and the cost was near to 40K Euros.

However something of unnatural IMHO

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here you can order one of these http://www.deergeneticsnz.co.nz/

Unbelivable !!!

Now we know where Cadrona, Alpine Hunting Adventure etc... order there game.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:

....It always lived in a fenced area, it was a possible #1 at that time and the cost was near to 40K Euros.....

That's the cost of 8/10 very nice stags! No, thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Correct WB (CIAO Smiler ) with a good possibility to loose the record in a very short time.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

one of us
posted Hide Post
wave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys - I would like to keep Brusnik as a pet really http://www.deergeneticsnz.co.n...n+Sires/Brusnik.html

I would love to know the pricetag hanging on that thing's ear...

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately lots of European countries imported semen and stags from NZ and you don't have to go all the way down under to shoot beasts like these. In Croatia in one of the enclosed estates we have the same thing and the last stag was sold for 50 000.00 Euros. In Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic, Bulgaria ect. you'll be able to find the same thing and this practice started years ago. 10 years ago we had to wait for 40 years or more to get a new WC or a new National record stag, now you have to wait days, weeks or months. It is not worth to buy a new WR because in another pen is even bigger one.

If you looked closely at Bulgarian world record tusks from a wild boar which has been on the display for decades you'll notice too much of calcium growth on the tusks. Yes, it's been shot in the enclosed area but CIC is a strange organisation and more and more trophies on their list are animals shot in enclosed areas.
The biggest muflon ram in the world you can shoot in Czech Republic and they keep official records but remember that all of them were shot in fenced area. Unfortunately, when a mouflon ram has too long horns and he can't see properly or he can't eat, walk ect. because of too big horns he breaks the tips off. It is possible to do that in their natural rocky environment but not in the fields or nice woods of continental Europe.
The same goes to SCI. Confused

That is one of the reason why I don't score my personal trophies. I care more about the adventure and fun during the hunt.
Hunting for a client or clients is another story and I have to make their wishes possible. However, they know in advance all the details about ground ect.

Who can beat this fun? Hard stalking, open area of 35 000 Ha, shooting in angles always beyond 150/200m, beautiful scenery above Adriatic sea ect. and still we manage to have one of the biggest in the world. Good genetics and good management for decades makes it possible. Beside Croatia, Spain has great grounds for a mouflon hunt but some are fenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llH9TSgtnPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q6MPf4bBrw

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HOLY WORDS TOMO.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil