THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    Where to go for 40th anniversary and maybe get a short hunt in?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to go for 40th anniversary and maybe get a short hunt in?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm trying to find a place to relax and get a short hunt in for maybe red deer or something else. Would like to be by the ocean or by a resort area. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google up Niihau safari. Private island off Kauai. My wife and I vacationed there (kauai) in 07 and I hunted Niihau for a day, killed three wild boars, and two Morino Rams. Had a guide and a skinner in a 1942 Ford deuce&half with no windshield, no doors and no brakes. (They drove, not me). Great time!

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
For ocean and red deer you are probably looking at New Zealand. If you go to Argentina I would highly recommend Patagonia. A long ways from the ocean but San Carlos de Bariloche is a beautiful mountain resort town and there is great hunting and fishing near by. Also plan on spending a few days in Buenos Aires, you won't be disappointed. PM me for more info.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blacktailer:
For ocean and red deer you are probably looking at New Zealand. If you go to Argentina I would highly recommend Patagonia. A long ways from the ocean but San Carlos de Bariloche is a beautiful mountain resort town and there is great hunting and fishing near by. Also plan on spending a few days in Buenos Aires, you won't be disappointed. PM me for more info.

Yes, and you can also fish for monster trout. Bear in mind the roar/rut is mid March to about mid April to haveyiur best chances at red stag.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You posted in the South America Hunting Forum so are you just looking for suggestions there?

Wifezilla and I spent our 40th in England and Scotland and if you're there in the proper season you could do deer hunting. I couldn't.

I've been married so long that I don't even look both ways when I cross the street any more.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, Yes i as just looking for suggestions but the trip is planned now so were booked. Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote