New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad news at La Pampa Province
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
During a rutine procedure, the Road Patrol stopped and old car without lights. Reaching the vehicle, the officers saw that the rear seat was missing and a red stag´s enormous head was hidden there. The fabulous head had 21 points and was poached in a breeding enclosure of 5 hectares, at the famed hunting ranch "La Providencia". This stud was valued at 20.000 dollars and its antlers were still in velvet. Alas, an ear had a "caravana" (a plastic mark) and could be identified. The hind quarters were also missing and due to the value of the stolen deer, the driver was put in jail, waiting for further trial.
What a stupid tale, to kill such a valuable animal for the meat and perhaps the velvet...I understand that it was part of a breeding project that involved bettering "Argentine" red stags by way of breeding and afterwards freeing them to be hunted the proper way in an area comprising several thousand hectares.
Oh well, some people never learn.
Here is a picture of the head:

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Truly a very sad occurrence and I hope they punish the person responsible seriously. We have the same things happening here, and the punishment in Arizona is now quite severe.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmm... Can you hang rustlers in Argentina?

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends another sad notice was the accidental shooting ,last week end ,one of them was one of my PHs the other a well known hunter of 32 years old ,my ph was hanging a boars when he heard a shot ,the young hunter shot himslef with a 375 hyh ,dying inmediately ,in the hunt were the two young sons of him .....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My condolences Juan.
I hear the notice but do not know you know them.
A very sad end. Do not know what to say.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand the dead man was the Major of Quehué, Mr. Enrique López. That´s why I never allow a loaded gun in my car, nor do I point the muzzle to anything, never unless I want to destroy it, loaded or not, even by myself. Advice from the late, great Col. Jeff Cooper still worth gold.
Sad news these days for sure. I was ready to post this accidental discharge when Juan beat me to it.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Dear friends another sad notice was the accidental shooting ,last week end ,one of them was one of my PHs the other a well known hunter of 32 years old ,my ph was hanging a boars when he heard a shot ,the young hunter shot himslef with a 375 hyh ,dying inmediately ,in the hunt were the two young sons of him .....

Tragic....my condolences. One can never be to safe.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote