Find
Notify
Tools

BOB AND PEGGY ARGENTINE SAFARI
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
We just finished and 11 day safari with Bob Moore USMC VET and his beautifull wife Peggy. tThe 11 day safari was totaly succesfull and they will report soon, as they are flying today .Ill only post some photos of these great hunters.I can say that the marines knows how to train rifle shooting,i asked Bob to test my cz 308 and he put 2 bulets in the same hole at 50 mts OFFHAND. BOB AND PEGGY are part of a select group of lifelong friends that hunting gave to me. Thank you Bob and Peggy

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Perhaps in the photo you will recognize too at BILL BERLAT aka billinthwild in his last trip to Argetina he came to visit us and stay with my family and BOB AND PEGGY a couple of days .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan, thanks. I am glad I referred Bobby and Peggy to you. You gave them a fine time. I appreciate the photos you posted.
Bobby and Peggy are two very special people and I am sure they have enriched your life as they have mine. Now it is time for
you to come to our country for a visit. beer

I also want to thank Guillermo Amestoy, who, with his son, Guillermito, was also with us at the dinner with Juan,
Bobby and Peggy. Also with us at Juan's asado was his beautiful wife, Flavia and son Iki. I am grateful to Guillermo
for the time he spent with them when they arrived and for taking them to the airport to head home today. Guillermo
and I planned a special welcome asado for them the night they arrived, and thanks to his skills as an asador and his
hospitality it was a fun evening. tu2

To learn a little more about Bobby and Peggy go to this web site:
themarospecial.com
Bobby has set some very impressive records at Bonneville including the world's fastest Corvette,
273+ mph, and in the Maro Special I believe he broke 370 and will soon try for 400. 2020 He and he alone
drives that rocket on wheels. Peggy drives the world's fastest El Camino at 205 mph and is going to try to
break 230. Eeker
Special folks, special friends. wave

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you put together another successful hunt Juan!

Outstanding!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ihave the honour to meet this wonderfull couple they are ,very special people ,i know they will return to hunt with Juan Pablo Pozzi Zurbriggen MD ,hes demostrating that hes the best PH in Argentina and the HE makes taylor made Safaris ,and hes in the FRONT with the clients .This is very important because well known PHs here were converted in outfitters and send their people with diferent guides ,or to hunt in preserves that sadly are proliferating here .
BOB AND PEGGY are really good people i shared lunch with them and listen the adventures of them is reall interesting .
HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON FRIENDS .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Very special clients ,Bob is absolutely fearless ,he jump over a boar ,while it was figthing with my dogo CHOEL and stabbed it just in the heart Peggy now a good friend of my wife Flavia ,is an incredible huntress ,great shot ,and never complains after thousands of shells and ,i believe great pain in his face and arms .Besides that its a joy to expend time chating with them .Great Safari and i enjoyed it a lot.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Peggy & I were fortunate to have Bill Berlat as a friend and fellow hunter who introduced us to Guillermo Amestoy and his charming family, lovely wife Marta, sons Francisco, & Guillermo Jr.. We were treated to an incredible goat asado on our first night in Cordoba by chef Marta courtesy Bill Berlat. The next day we all had a good time shopping and more eating fabulous foods and then prepared for the next days travel to San Francisco and the famous Dr. Pozzi's extreme safari. The only thing "extreme" were the good times, stories, political discussions, fine dining, shooting lessons, and of course excellent hunting. Peggy enjoyed Dr. Pozzi's gracious wife Flavia, their two daughters and son Iky, that Spartan Bulldozer who knows no fear and is a duplicate of his father. After settling in to the shotgun lessons, we spent a few days trying to put a dent in the dove, pigeon, and green parakeet populations. I quit counting the still flying birds after 1,023,615 or there abouts. If there was any doubt in the available numbers, I can assure any avid bird hunters that you will wear out your shoulder long before the birds quit flying. We stopped a rampant feral goat & two Russian boars with DP's BRNO .308 rifle. Then I was lucky enough to take a hog with the long K-Bar knife thru the heart in the shadow of three fearless Gauchos. DP was always just a step away to cover my back--which I really appreciated. The next trip was to Corrientes for the water buffalo, ostrich, and dorado quests. We were stationed in a low-flat area quietly waiting for the buff who was being driven by local gauchos and the wait was a short one!! Again being backed by DP and his trusty 45-70 Marlin lever, I started placing .458 Winchester Magnum solids into the shoulder of the running monster. He ate four before giving up and further inspection showed that the monolithic solids passed neatly thru both sides without changing direction or deforming the least bit. Now, this was extreme and like all to many good adventures, was over in a flash. Guillermo's custom Mauser did it's job and never failed in the heat of the quick shooting.....Thanks Guille!!! I wish we lived closer so he could share his vast knowledge of ballistics, custom metal smithing, and bespoke stock checkering/fitting. Before fishing on the Parana River, we took an ostrich but I missed two Capys with the BRNO--rats!! That will necessitate a return trip for them as well as a puma, more Russian boars, and a mouflon ram for starters. The fishing was less than spectacular for most of the day due to temp variations but around 1600, that all changed. I hooked a fighter who bent the light rod nearly into and jumped numerous times before the guide finally netted him. Tasty, tasty, tasty!! Dinners were wonderful and we finished the night with a toast of Amarula. Back to San Francisco and a last chance at a monster Russian Wild Boar which came after much scouting. I misunderstood Julio's (DP's assistant, field chef, paramedic, and all around good guy) when he informed me about an electric wire protected fence. I know that you can read between the lines to figure out what came next. After the "shock" wore off, we all had a good laugh. The safari went by quickly as we were always doing something exciting with our leader, Dr. Pozzi. He proved to be a fearless, knowledgeable, tireless officer who we grew to trust and admire. If anyone needs equipment and clothing requirements, please just email: robob344@aol.com. Adios, Bobby Moore and Peggy Vaught.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, amigo and amiga....I am so pleased you enjoyed this trip. jumping
Bill

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Dear friends ,we have been hunting again at LA MAGDALENA farm ,we didnt found the boar ,but we found many gold medals in the bush .
We have been hunting some partriges with european hunters .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
As you can see all the boars are SCI gold medals and deserve to be in the record book first places.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to communicate that the great Choel died recently due a sarcoma .He was only 4 years old Juan is very sand and doesnt speak about the dog .He was a great samurai ,and this words are in his honour .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Sorry Juan , he was a great hunter, never knew of any fear of anything on land or water, by the way I know You as a deep catholic guy, Happy Easter for You and all the familly !!!G

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I to am very sorry about hearing of the loss of Choel. He will be remembered by most folks as a fearless warrior, which he was, but to me I'll remember something a little different. To me Choel will be remembered as the big white dog sitting patiently next to me at the dinning room table waiting for the handout that he knew was coming. What a sweetheart this big boy was. salute

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Choel was a fine dog. I'm very sad at his passing. He was much better looking than his owner. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote