Find
Notify
Tools

Rincon de Luna
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Gentlemen. Greetings once again. Back on line. I returned to Argentina for the 14th time in October to celebrate my 80th birthday. It brought to mind fond memories my first excursion to Argentina on my 69th birthday in October, 2006, with Juan Pozzi.
This was a short visit and I was treated so very well, once again, by my best friend, Guillermo Amestoy and his family, and my friends at Rincon de Luna. They so generously invited me to spend my birthday on the ranch, normally closed that time of year. Jesus opened the ranch and Guillermo and I were so well received.
I have been to many hunting estancias in these past years, some truly very good.
Rincon is the very best. The lodge and grounds are spectacular. When you arrive at the ranch from Cordoba you literally feel that you are in the middle of a hunting paradise.
No other habitation is in sight. Rolling grassy hills and a trout stream below.

I did not hunt this trip only to be there to enjoy my friends, Argentine hospitality and food.

I would attach photos but forgot how to do so.
If you are interested feel free to email me and I will send you photos.
(billinthewild@gmail.com)
I wish you all well, and plan to return yet this year.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I also spent my last birthday with friends in Argentina last October. I did not hunt either, but enjoyed the company of friends. I looked up where you were and see you were not far from Villa Grl. Belgrado. Did you happen to attend Oktoberfest? We almost went, but opted out.

That area is indeed beautiful between Sierras Chicas and Sierras Grades. Most of my time has been spent about an hour north of Cba, but I’ve spent some time to the south also.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Thanks for writing. I did not attend. The area around Belgrano is dellightful. My chief reasons for going, aside fronm hunting which I no longer do, is beef, beef, Quilmes Stout and Malbec.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Thanks for writing. I did not attend. The area around Belgrano is dellightful. My chief reasons for going, aside fronm hunting which I no longer do, is beef, beef, Quilmes Stout and Malbec.

It is indeed a delightful area.

I rarely hunt now myself. I’ll shoot a half case or case after asado with the clients just to stem the boredom.

I have done some stag and buffalo hunting at our place in San Agustin, which is not far from where you were.

Isn’t it sad that the beef and Malbec available to us in the USA is nothing like it is there. I can get Quilmes Crystal here, but it’s not the same either.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill:

Nice to see you back on line, I enjoy your posts. Glad to see you had another great trip.

Congratulations on finding your ultimate hunting grounds. In the end, I reckon it's what we're all looking for. Rincon de Luna certainly looks to be a very special place.

I've mixed emotions on this subject. At 68, I am lucky to have been hunting internationally for almost 20 years now.

Done the Africa thing 9 or 10 times in 4 different countries. Shot birds in both Uruguay and Argentina 7 or 8 times. Just started fishing the deep, open, blue waters of Central America with my grandson.

I go back to the same places, rarely. Not because they are lacking, but rather because I'm still looking. I hope someday to find that special place that brings it all together for me. But until then, I'll enjoy the search, as I'm sure you've enjoyed yours.

I think that as hunters, many of us look for something beyond the hunt. It's a place. A feeling. Something that brings it all together for us. Whatever "it" may be.

Going home. I get it. Enjoy it.

Best to you, Sir.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A very uplifting thread by all of you guys.

Bill, happy b'day glad you had a great time.

TWL: Its always amazed me how much new stuff I saw each time I repeated the same trip, just things not seen the prior times.

Bad habit to get into: Looking!! HA!
Love it, right?

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote