Find
Notify
Tools

Looking For Advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
It looks like we will be in Argentina ( Santa Fe ) in September/October this year. It would be silly to be there and not hunt something , right ?

With that in mind I am after suggestions for an outfitter who my be able to accomodate a small mixed bag wish list. I know its short notice but no harm in asking .

Thanks in advance. Oh yeah - no hablo espanol

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mdwest
posted Hide Post
if you like birds, these guys are about an hour and half from Santa Fe and are awesome..

http://www.argentinasbesthunting.com/

My wife and I just did a high volume dove hunt with them in November 2017 and had a great time..

The lodge is wonderful.. food is excellent.. staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.. and the guide (Omar) is a ton of fun to hunt and fish with..

Im not sure what else they will be hunting in September/October.. in November dove was the only option.. but they also do ducks, pigeon, perdiz, and other birds too..

No habla is no problem.. the kitchen staff dont speak much english, but everyone else speaks english extremely well.. the bird boys, guide, camp manager, chef, etc.. all were very easy to communicate with..

Posts: 65 | Location: DFW | Registered: 01 August 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Thanks MD. Not too worried about the language thing , we had an Argentinian exchange student a few years ago ( the reason for this visit in the first place ) and she taught me some swear words so I should be ok ;-).

Will see what others may offer as advise too . Many thanks

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a high volume dove lodge called Los Chanares. I have been 12-15 times. It is near Córdoba. Fantastic place.

Posts: 11907 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
IN Santa Fe, http://www.estancialacriolla.com.ar/home.php
I have not been with them, but am very good friends with Roberto and Tomas.

Should you wish to go to Córdoba, http://www.milesandmilesoutfitters.com
I work with these guys about half the year. A biased opinion, but top notch.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We own some farms in Santa Fe province ,if you want to shoot some birds ,i can help you .Besides that in Santa Fe if you like fishing you must visit the Parana river at least one day .
Cheers Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Thanks Juan - I have sent you an email to your website a couple of days ago.

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
You might try these folks: Los Laureles Lodge about an hour drive from Santa Fe. In-fact I’m posting this from the Admirals Lodge at DFW, having arrived back from Buenos Aires about an hour ago. We spent five days at the lodge shooting Dove and fishing Dorado.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2933 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
indeed try fishing- dorado are a great game fish

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. pozzi is a great guy to hang out with and a great choice for a mixed bag type deal. He is a good man as well.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I am sure he is a great guy - but so far - despite my posting via his website , his facebook page and here - I have not heard a word from him.... hmmm.

Hopefully I have got some hunting via family contacts around Santa Fe so all is not lost