New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airline?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone booked a flight with Aerolineas Argentinas from US to Cordoba? Leaving in Sept of '20 but American only flies direct every other day and it don't work with our plan.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5495 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the late response. I’ve only flow. Aerolíneas in Argentina. There were some issues at one point with it being government owned and underfunded.

I would try to adjust your schedule to make American work.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3426 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We learned a lesson here, don't book home place to destination round trip. I had been looking at MSP to COR round trip and the price kept coming up at over $7400 business class. Went through a few scenarios and found that if we booked MSP-MIA and then MIA-COR, round trip on both, the price went down to about $2800. The key to this was to book two separate trips and make your own connections. Go figger!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had similar experiences with flights to Argentina. Can't explain it. Used them all. Delta, American, United, Latam, Aerolinas, others.

Sometimes booking a flight from your original point of departure to final destination, and back, is easy. Sometimes it's better to break up the itinerary and book multiple flights from airport to airport.

Done it both ways. Yet another example of how we, as consumers, are at their mercy.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we got burned, haven't heard from airline yet but after May 1, no direct flights MIA - Cordoba.

Now what?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't help much but am interested in what you end up finding. We're going to Cordoba at the beginning of August for a dove hunt. First look at flights was around $1500-2000 economy but we hadn't nailed down the dates.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gzig5:
I can't help much but am interested in what you end up finding. We're going to Cordoba at the beginning of August for a dove hunt. First look at flights was around $1500-2000 economy but we hadn't nailed down the dates.

I’ve paid anywhere from $875 (that was an anomaly) to $2,000 for economy. The norm has been around $1,500. I have been every month except February.

The fact that you have a lot of time, you can hold out for the best deal. I have sometimes booked with only a week prior, but I’m going down to work with the outfitter and go alone, so it’s not like I’m on the calendar with a group of other hunters joining me.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So then, another question. We plan on taking our own guns. If we need to go through EZE will we have trouble clearing them? I had heard that going through COR was a breeze.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
RENAR at COR is much more familiar than at EZE. That being said, be mindful it make take longer at EZE should you have quick connections.

Marcus Cady

DRSS